Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#74088 - 22/02/2002 11:19 95 Nissan Pathfinder
dstidham
new poster

Loc: Twin Cities
I just ordered my mk2a yesterday. I have an off topic question. For some reason my current system will not play in all speakers today. I had this problem a few months ago and replacing my battery fixed the problem. I am wondering how I can check my wiring or any advice on some way to trouble shoot this issue.

#74089 - 22/02/2002 12:05 Re: 95 Nissan Pathfinder [Re: dstidham]
loren
carpal tunnel

Loc: SLC, UT, USA
can you give more details on your setup? Is an amp involved?

#74090 - 22/02/2002 12:19 Re: 95 Nissan Pathfinder [Re: loren]
dstidham
new poster

Loc: Twin Cities
If you mean aftermarket amp, then no. I didnt do the installation so I dont know if they did anything with the factory amp or if there even is one in the truck. I have not had a chance to even check to see if its a loose connection behind the deck. All I have is a deck and cd changer. I was hoping for a starting point like where to check if it is a wiring problem. Or if it could be my alternator is going out....any help at all would be appreciated.

#74091 - 22/02/2002 18:15 Re: 95 Nissan Pathfinder [Re: dstidham]
tanstaafl.
carpal tunnel

Loc: Ajijic, Mexico
All I have is a deck and cd changer. I was hoping for a starting
point like where to check if it is a wiring problem. Or if it could be my alternator is going out

Changing out a battery or alternator should not have any effect on causing or curing a problem with certain speakers not playing.

If your system is factory original, it is probably a head unit with built in amplifier playing directly to speakers. If one (or more) speakers is not working or works intermittantly, the problem has to be in one of three areas: a defect in the head unit itself; a defect in the wiring between the head unit and the malfunctioning speaker; or the speaker itself.

I would guess 60% head unit; 30% wiring; 10% speaker as the likelihood of being the problem.

tanstaafl.

#74092 - 22/02/2002 20:08 Re: 95 Nissan Pathfinder [Re: tanstaafl.]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
He didn't specify WHICH speakers were malfunctioning. So if it's a factory stereo system, sometimes they have the back speakers driven by an amp and the front speakers driven by the head unit. If that's the case, I'd check and see if a fuse was blown to the amp. A battery replacement might cause that to happen sometimes.