Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#74551 - 28/02/2002 20:15 Re: Empeg home component box done! [Re: pdw]
Micman2b
addict

Loc: Central, NC, USA
I am working on placing a blank sheet of black annodized aluminum on a old broken CD player case. Just the right size for a stereo component and the is just the right size inside for all electrical components plus it has the RCA outs and AC cord already mounted.

Micman2b
80gb MK2a empeg spare

#74552 - 28/02/2002 21:17 Re: Empeg home component box done! [Re: pdw]
ninti
old hand

Loc: Los Angeles
> Anyone have any ideas for where to get a suitable box in the UK?

Or in the U.S. for that matter? That ch-2 box looks nice, but I don't have any rack mounts to attach it too and would like something that looks like any other home audio component.

#74553 - 28/02/2002 21:56 Re: Empeg home component box done! [Re: ninti]
hybrid8
carpal tunnel

Loc: Toronto, CANADA
Jump into the OT forum and find my thread on this topic. Then check the thread started by SMU in the Installation forum (I put more links in there I believe).

Sources in the US, UK, Germany, Belgium as well as Taiwan for lots of cases. I also posted a link to a nice idea for making your own out of aluminum channel. That's what I'll be doing and I'm very confident it will look a lot better than any of the black boxes or unfinished project boxes being sold. The best looking stuff is from THL in the first thread. But I have no idea how to get any of it locally (maybe someone should check to see how much they cost and how much to get shipped from Taiwan)

And for everyone's info, a lot of high end audio comes in rack-mount sized chassis. Often with rack-mount-like front plates (for instance, Bryston amps by default - optional flush face at request)

Bruno

#74554 - 28/02/2002 23:40 Re: Empeg home component box done! [Re: hybrid8]
ninti
old hand

Loc: Los Angeles
> Jump into the OT forum and find my thread on this topic.

Thanks Bruno. There is some good info there.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2