Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#7526 - 23/01/2000 21:09 Super SloMo
corby
journeyman

I am experiencing a problem which I never experienced before installing beta 9a. It is a severe enough issue that I am surprised to see nobody else posting about it; I am wondering if there is something very peculiar to my setup.

One manifestation of the super slo-mo bug occurs when I put the Empeg in my car and start the engine. It comes up with a blank screen displaying nothing but the pause icon. After a wait (approx. 30 seconds?) the visualization loads, another wait and the track info comes up, another wait and the music starts. Then everything works fine. But all in all, it is about two minutes from power-up before I start playing music.

The other manifestation of super slo-mo can occur when I start using the remote while the unit is running. It starts "queueing up" my button presses, and can take up to two minutes to process them. Once it gets through and processes them, the unit starts operating normally.

Neither bug occurs consistently, but they both happen often enough to be a real pain. I have encountered these bugs five or six times over the last three days, usually when I am showing off the unit to a friend. :)

Anybody else run across this behavior?

Corby
SN#320, 6-Gig Blue

#7527 - 23/01/2000 21:23 Re: Super SloMo [Re: corby]
dionysus
veteran

Loc: San Francisco, CA
sorry corby, but i think it's just you; i've seen my fair share or problems w/ 9c (..including having had to re-find my music partition, and re-partition my empeg manually.. not empeg's fault though, it was due to my tinkering w/ the partition table a few months back..), but I've never seen anything like what you described.

-mark

...proud to have one of the first Mark I units