Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#7558 - 31/01/2000 20:29 synch error: Stage 6 0xffffff92
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA

All I was doing was re-ordering one of the playlists, dragging songs up and down in the list, occasionally deleting a song. I wasn't adding any new music to the Empeg. When I synchronized, it locked up while the screen said "rebuilding music databases" and sat there for an eternity. Then it said "controlling disk" and sat there for another eternity.

Then it gave me a synch error on stage 6, 0xffffff92. The Empeg was frozen at the "synchronizing" screen and would not respond to keyboard input.

And this was after I had successfully done two similar synchs just moments before.

What's up with these synch errors? I sure hope you can find 'em all before the Mark2 ships... Ordinary consumers aren't as forgiving as us beta testers are.

-- Tony Fabris -- Empeg #144 --
Caution: Do not look into laser with remaining good eye.

#7559 - 31/01/2000 22:59 Re: synch error: Stage 6 0xffffff92 [Re: tfabris]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA

Follow up:

I tried connecting to the Empeg twice more, and it froze in the same place while trying to download the list. At least I could reboot the Empeg and get it to play. So I put the Empeg in the car and drove out to dinner with my wife and kid. When I got back home (just now) I ran Emplode and it magically worked this time (after scanning the disk and rebuilding the music database once more).

Amazing thing: My changes were in there. They didn't get lost in the crash.

What is happening when it says it rebuilds the music database? How does it manage to self-repair like that, and why does it take several tries in order to reach this magic self-repair point?

-- Tony Fabris -- Empeg #144 --
Caution: Do not look into laser with remaining good eye.

#7560 - 01/02/2000 12:06 Re: synch error: Stage 6 0xffffff92 [Re: tfabris]
Henno
addict

Loc: Meije, Netherlands
. . error on stage 6 . . .

Congratulation, Toni! You beat me!
I've been having big trouble with emplode lately and it seemed I never got beyond level 5 . Too bad emplode doesn't keep scores: we could have a real competition!

BTW Rob sent a new (older) emplode version, that's supposed to be more stable. Haven't tried it yet

Henno