Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#816 - 01/11/1999 16:30 women and the empeg
jstrain
enthusiast

Loc: philadelphia pa
just curious. are there any women out there that are interested in or own an empeg? or do all of the women pieces in the empeg puzzle fit in like my girlfriend does?

"its just an expensive toy", "its impratical, its a waste of money", "why would you ever want that many songs at once?", "just use your cd changer" (or autochanger depending on which side of the atlantic you are on), etc.

i'm sure there are alot of you guys out there that know what i am talking about. if there are any women out there that actually like the empeg, please post and let us men know. give us a bit of faith in the female race that not all of you hate our favorite toy. :)

jeremy (who wishes he had an empeg more than his g/f wishes that he would give up this ridiculous idea)

oh, i wish i wish i had an empeg...

#817 - 01/11/1999 17:40 Re: women and the empeg [Re: jstrain]
altman
carpal tunnel

Loc: Palo Alto, CA
From feedback from both one of the initial beta-testers, and Steve's wife: though some may be sceptical at the start, everyone (partners included) are generally won over to loving the empeg pretty soon. It might take a couple of weeks and a good chunk of their music collection to be loaded onto the box, but it will happen.

As to the unsubstantiated claims in other threads that owning an empeg helps you attract the chicks/blokes, the mind boggles. I sit in an office surrounded by the things, does this make me Barry White? ;)

hugo

#818 - 01/11/1999 18:20 Re: women and the empeg [Re: altman]
jstrain
enthusiast

Loc: philadelphia pa
> does this make me Barry White? ;)

as in "can't get enough of your empeg baby?"

i know its bad. hey, maybe you could put a picture of barry white on the front of a t-shirt and put that line on the back...

jeremy

oh, i wish i wish i had an empeg...

#819 - 01/11/1999 23:41 Re: women and the empeg [Re: jstrain]
JeepBastard
enthusiast

Loc: Brooklyn
its not the size of your hard disk in your empeg. its what you put on it.

10 gigabyte beast!@#@>>>
pictures soooooon

Empeg Kicks Ass
S/N 00203
http://www.iretro.com

#820 - 03/11/1999 22:57 Re: women and the empeg [Re: jstrain]
mdaba
new poster

my girlfriend got her empeg player a few days before i got mine. though i did have to show her how to rip CDs and load them onto the player. at least she sees the value of having all of one's favorite CDs in one's car at all times.

- mdaba

#821 - 04/11/1999 11:47 Re: women and the empeg [Re: jstrain]
Cassandra
new poster

Loc: Seattle, WA
love my new toy. had it for about a month now and been loving every moment of it. my car is worth less than it, but then again we all have our priorities. as most tech-related playing fields, you'll probably see and hear from more of this end of the gender spectrum as time progresses and the player becomes more available. i'm definitely being evangelical about it to my friends. don't despair. ;)

/o)\ The ability to quote is a servicable
\(o/ substitute for wit.

#822 - 28/01/2000 22:47 Re: women and the empeg [Re: jstrain]
annoying_jon
new poster

Haveing sex with a good woman in the front of your car could dammage the panel on the unit, esp if she has high healed shoes. Perhaps a safety tip in the manual for your US customers :-)