Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#82243 - 19/03/2002 10:13 Why won't the Mark II write mp3 tags ???
bodybag
addict

Loc: Southern California
I know that it won't, but why? Why was this worked into the design? Is it because originally you couldn't "download" from the unit anyway so it would have been pointless for it to write mp3 tags? Is the version 2+ software going to address this? Just wondering........

#82244 - 19/03/2002 10:18 Re: Why won't the Mark II write mp3 tags ??? [Re: bodybag]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
The player itself does not use the tags at all, so there is no point in having the player write any tags.

There are plans for emplode to eventually become a full tag editor and MP3 organizer. So it will eventually happen.

In the meantime, if you want to recover tag changes on MP3 files downloaded off of the player, I recommend using Jemplode to retrieve the files and use its filename-formatting features to name them as {artist} - {source} ({year}) - {pos:2} - {title}.mp3. Then use MP3 Tag Studio to retag the files based on the file name.

#82245 - 19/03/2002 10:41 Re: Why won't the Mark II write mp3 tags ??? [Re: tfabris]
bodybag
addict

Loc: Southern California
Tony, Thanks for the 411. Fortunately for me, my mp3 tags are virtually flawless, though I do occasionally run into one that has a slight error (wrong year, mis-spelling, etc...). I guess I'm really just looking for an easy way to synchronise my hard drive database and my Rio when I find little errors. I either make the changes in both spots, or change them on the hard drive and delete Rio files and re-upload which is cumbersome. Thanks again.