Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#83229 - 24/03/2002 13:46 Typical Newbie questions but...
jcboeckl
journeyman

I guess I'll ask it anyways.

I've been reading here for a couple weeks and learning all about the RioCar.

I plan on getting one but for reasons of my own I plan on keeping my current HU, at least for a while. (Sony C90 ES)

Anyways my real questions is for those who have used the XA-300 or XA-107 to connect the Empeg via the Unilink input.

1) Does this unit degrade SQ?
2) Any downfalls I should look into?
3) You still can control the Empeg Unit regularly and aren't limited to CD changer interface right?
4) It should act just like I had a Line Level Aux In correct?
5) Anything else I should know?

Thanks in advance for the help?

I am Truely impressed by the amount of information this site holds. And it makes me very eager to buy one of these units. I love tinkering with things and from the sounds of it there is a world of adjustability with the Empeg/Rio car.

Also where is the best place to purchase these units from? Also is there any way to buy a HD'less unit and add a HD of my own?
this seems to be the cheapest place I have found thus far:
http://order.kagi.com/cgi-bin/r1.cgi?1HV1

Thanks again

#83230 - 24/03/2002 14:43 Re: Typical Newbie questions but... [Re: jcboeckl]
mlord
carpal tunnel

Loc: Canada
Those prices are very good, considering what you get and how much it costs to manufacture.

But elsewhere on the net (keep looking) you should find them for about US$100 less.

Cheerrs

#83231 - 25/03/2002 13:19 Re: Typical Newbie questions but... [Re: mlord]
jcboeckl
journeyman

Thanks for the reply. Can I really find them $100 cheaper. I have looked everywhere and thats by far the cheapest yet. And I'm getting nervous to keep looking since I may not be able to find one soon!

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks again