Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#84260 - 29/03/2002 19:52 jEmplode clone bug?
AndrewT
old hand

Loc: Oxford, UK
I don't know whether this is a bug or mis-use on my part:

1. Load Jemplode (ver.32/33 - perhaps others too)
2. Sync on ethernet
3. Make playlist 'dirty' (not always necessary)
4. Hit File->Open Clone

... the cloned window never offers the empeg's IP to establish an ethernet connection.

Sometimes step 3. (Make playlist dirty isn't necessary)

Should this happen?

One other thing, whether or not the clone recognises the Empeg and synchronises, if I close the clone the previous (dirty or otherwise) instance closes without any prompt.
Again, should this happen?

Rue

#84261 - 29/03/2002 20:07 Re: jEmplode clone bug? [Re: AndrewT]
mschrag
pooh-bah

Loc: Richmond, VA
First off, just to "defend myself" the cloning stuff in jEmplode was definitely an afterthought, and it's not used much.

So you're saying that when you File->Open Clone, it doesn't bring up the window to select an Empeg to connect to?

The closing thing is just a bug ... Hitting the X quits the app instead of just closing the window.

Mike

#84262 - 29/03/2002 20:30 Re: jEmplode clone bug? [Re: mschrag]
AndrewT
old hand

First off, just to "defend myself" the cloning stuff in jEmplode was definitely an afterthought, and it's not used much.
Mike, This is almost certainly stupid operation on my part: I wanted to drag stuff from one window to another rather than click,drag/scroll [I am trying to to populate an 'Artists' top-level playlist with artist names and then Albums].

So you're saying that when you File->Open Clone, it doesn't bring up the window to select an Empeg to connect to?
No. The window to select appears but the Empegs IP address within that window doesn't.

Regarding the closing, I'm not just hitting X, it does the same with File->Exit

Update on the File->Open Clone thing: Possibly the time between opening the original and a 2nd copy is significant? I opened jEmplode when I started this msg (and left it there) I have successfully opened another a few minutes later (after typing this). I had previously been trying to open the clone ASAP (and failing).

[Mike, Wherever this thread goes - jEmplode is really neat, thank you]

Rue

#84263 - 29/03/2002 21:39 Re: jEmplode clone bug? [Re: AndrewT]
mschrag
pooh-bah

Loc: Richmond, VA
Interesting on the immediate File=>Open thing ... I can see that might cause problems. I'll take a look at that. So once you got that to work, you'll want to use Ctrl-C/Ctrl-V (or the Edit=>Copy/Paste) to move files between the two. I don't _think_ dragging between the two will work.

After you waited a minute and opened the clone, did things work?

Mike

#84264 - 30/03/2002 19:18 Re: jEmplode clone bug? [Re: mschrag]
AndrewT
old hand

The context menus for Copy/Paste worked just fine between instances. Inherantly i seldom use kbd shortcuts in windoze and never checked them but I think everything is/was (see below) just fine in that respect.

Now, after the repeatable steps I listed previously, I cannot see the Empeg's IP in the clone's "Looking for Empegs..." window no matter what I try. This is different to last night when it was very repeatable in terms of connecting to the clone and presently I cannot explain why things are different now. I installed ver. 34 after I observed this - no change.

As an aside: This must be an isolated problem, surely almost everyone copies & pastes between windows to avoid all the vertical scrolling in just one window?