Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#86378 - 17/04/2002 09:53 Re: What type of music do you hate? [Re: DisOrd3R]
rob
carpal tunnel

Loc: Cambridge UK
'I wanna f**k U like an animal'

..get it over in the shortest amount of time before something else eats you both?

#86379 - 17/04/2002 10:20 Re: What type of music do you hate? [Re: CurlyKicker]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
There's a fine line between sexy and filthy, isn't there?

#86380 - 17/04/2002 11:22 Re: What type of music do you hate? [Re: tfabris]
dodgecowboy
enthusiast

Loc: Mississippi State University
very thin line these days, I beleive this song sits on it. I just find it wierd that a lot of critics think of closer with its video is a work of Genius... looks more like a work of dementia

#86381 - 17/04/2002 11:31 Re: What type of music do you hate? [Re: dodgecowboy]
SE_Sport_Driver
carpal tunnel

Loc: Detroit, MI USA
Actually, the closer song isn't about being sexy but rather about degrading one's self by engaging in meaningless sex. Now, if (times you've heard it in a strip club) > (times you've heard it anywhere else), then that might explain how someone would find it sexy. (Although, I personally find going to strip clubs depressing and once was enough for me.)

The video for Closer is based on the photography of some crazy guy who went to South America and photographed dead bodies in all sorts of "artistic" poses. I forget his name. I bought the book because I am a big NIN fan, and have been since before he/they exploded on Lolapalooza. The book was sealed at the store, so I couldn't view it beforehand. That should have been a clue! The book is pretty disturbing once you realize that it isn't fake. Whereas Michelangelo studied the bodies of dead street people to learn anatomy, this guy photographed severed heads and what not. I'm a pretty openminded guy and tend to like the "odd" things in life, but this is one of the very few things I have ever found offensive. Maybe if I read the whole book, I'd get a better understanding for it -but I also have a weak stomache, no matter how strong my natural curiousity is.

#86382 - 17/04/2002 11:35 Re: What type of music do you hate? [Re: dodgecowboy]
CurlyKicker

Loc: Orange County, CA
Hey the demented can have their fun too can't they?!

#86383 - 17/04/2002 13:20 Re: What type of music do you hate? [Re: CurlyKicker]
dodgecowboy
enthusiast

Loc: Mississippi State University
I have nothing against anything demented, its just there is a very fine line between dementia and genius, and I think they get confused a lot

#86384 - 17/04/2002 14:11 Re: What type of music do you hate? [Re: CurlyKicker]
BAKup
addict

Loc: Houston, TX
I'd have to disagree with that...Just put on Peter Gabriel's "Passion: Music for The Last Temptation Of Christ" I can't think of a better album for that purpose.

#86385 - 18/04/2002 01:57 Re: What type of music do you hate? [Re: BAKup]
frog51
pooh-bah

Loc: Edinburgh, Scotland
Erm - you guys might find this wierd, but "Closer" was our choice for first dance at my wedding which was oh...4 years ago. It just happened to be the song my wife and I first danced (loosely speaking) to.
To save alienating grannies etc I produced a wonderfully hacked up version with all swearing replaced with references to fluffy things. I'll have to look out the mp3 and post it, cos it made us laugh.

In the end, due to pressure from my mother-in-law, the actual first dance was a St. Bernard Waltz, which was probably a little more graceful, but soon afterwards we had much metal.

Ahhhh the memories.

p.s. Offtopic even for this, but for anyone thinking of a fun wedding style, try an Orcadian wedding. (Orkney - small group of islands off the north coast of Scotland) The main focus (like all weddings) is getting drunk and dancing - this is facilitated by a large quantity of Cog. This is like mulled wine, but with the wine replaced by spirits, and the bride and groom carry a small two- or three-handled bucket of it around to share with all the guests. Wheeeeee!!

When all are good and drunk, Ceileidh dancing ensues - with local variants of all the dances. For example, the Orcadian 'Strip The Willow' is much faster, more tiring and less complicated than the normal version so it is easy for the booze-addled uncles to cope with.

I'll stop now, 'cos I'm wasting time at work
MkII, 80Gb SSD in dock

#86386 - 18/04/2002 04:01 Re: What type of music do you hate? [Re: frog51]
tman
carpal tunnel

I can't speak for anybody else but my relatives are wierd enough anyway when sober. I wouldn't want to tempt fate by getting them all seriously drunk and trying to make them dance

- Trevor

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2