Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#87346 - 13/04/2002 15:38 Thank you for this forum
wfaulk
carpal tunnel

Loc: Raleigh, NC US
I started to take this forum for granted a little bit recently until I tried posting to another forum earlier today.

I submitted a bug report in a bug report forum for a multi-IM app I use where selecting text out of or clicking a link in the message pane removed focus from the text entry pane, requiring me to click back in the text entry pane in order to send another message. I quickly received the response back from a non-developer that that was not a big deal and I should just ignore it.

So thank you to everyone who has actually tried to be helpful on this board. I really appreciate it, and I'll try not to take it for granted in the future.

#87347 - 13/04/2002 16:10 Re: Thank you for this forum [Re: wfaulk]
Terminator
old hand

Loc: Dallas, TX
I assume you are talking about trillian. I would submit the bug to the developers via email. The forum is filled with 15,000 kids so I dont think Scott or Kevin read it very much anymore.

Sean

#87348 - 13/04/2002 18:46 Re: Thank you for this forum [Re: wfaulk]
AndrewT
old hand

Loc: Oxford, UK
I have to say that recently I have started surfing more & more boards (non-Empeg) and this board is superior in many ways. Apart from the speed and the 'look/feel' one can reply to individuals as opposed to replying to the thread in general - something I previously took for granted. Another thing is the nice choice of topic areas which helps prevent threads from getting 'buried' in the 'noise'.
Lastly, and just as importantly, this board has the most intellectual, informative and mature discussions I've seen for a long time.

To sum up, this forum is definately something not to be taken for granted.

Yours humbly,
Rue

#87349 - 14/04/2002 14:17 Re: Thank you for this forum [Re: Terminator]
wfaulk
carpal tunnel

Loc: Raleigh, NC US
Actually, I'm not. It's for Proteus, a MacOS X client. And the forums have very little traffic. There are probably less than a thousand messages on their entire BBS.

#87350 - 14/04/2002 20:11 Re: Thank you for this forum [Re: wfaulk]
Dignan
carpal tunnel

Loc: Sterling, VA
Hehe, there's another thing we've got them beat in. There's a heck of a lot of posts on this board.

Can anyone name a board with the most posts you can find? For me, I'd say the ArsTechnica board. I'm sure there's ones with more, though.

#87351 - 15/04/2002 12:41 Re: Thank you for this forum [Re: Dignan]
tonyc
carpal tunnel

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA
Hehe, there's another thing we've got them beat in. There's a heck of a lot of posts on this board.

There are PLENTY of forum sites that have higher traffic than this BBS. Slashdot (though not 100% forum-based, more news based) would probably be the king, with ArsTechnica and AnandTech being right up there. DSLReports is up there, too.

However I can state without hesitation that the signal-to-noise ratio here far exceeds those listed above, with Slashdot, even with all of its moderation facilities, falling way short on that measurement.

Things around here have gotten much better in that regard since the first few weeks after the sell-off.

#87352 - 16/04/2002 09:38 Re: Thank you for this forum [Re: wfaulk]
DisOrd3R
journeyman

Loc: Cleminton, New Jersey USA
I would like 2 thank everyone that supports this forum. This has the best people working behind the sceens. My hats off 2 U all.