Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#90072 - 23/04/2002 17:21 1999 Mustang Conv. Mach 460 System
spammy
new poster

Loc: San Antonio, TX
I just installed a Rio Car in my 1999 Mustang Convertible with the Mach 460 System. I completely removed the old head unit and CD player. I bought the harness from Crutchfield and all seems well except two things.

1) Has anyone gotten the display to dim when the headlights are on? I have the wires connected, it does nothing.

2) With the volume up, and the gain controls adjusted properly, it doesn't seem like the stereo is that loud. Nothing compared to the stock system. Is this because of the Ford amplifier?

Thanks for any help.

#90073 - 23/04/2002 18:30 Re: 1999 Mustang Conv. Mach 460 System [Re: spammy]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Has anyone gotten the display to dim when the headlights are on? I have the wires connected, it does nothing.

Have you looked at this?

With the volume up, and the gain controls adjusted properly, it doesn't seem like the stereo is that loud. Nothing compared to the stock system. Is this because of the Ford amplifier?

The stock system probably put out something that was higher voltage than regular line-level. A lot of these factory systems come out of the head unit already amplified a little bit.

If you plugged the empeg straight into the factory amplifier without going through a converter box of some kind, I'd say that's the reason. There are companies (such as Pacific Accessory Corporation and others) which specialize in making these amplification/converter systems. You might want to check those out.

#90074 - 23/04/2002 19:10 Re: 1999 Mustang Conv. Mach 460 System [Re: tfabris]
spammy
new poster

Loc: San Antonio, TX
Thanks. I guess I didn't read the FAQ's as thoroughly as I thought. I got the headlight dimmer to work. I will look into those other companies that specialize in the amplification/converter systems. I have a 4 channel amp just sitting in a box I guess I could install, but don't really want to hassle with it.

D