Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#90807 - 28/04/2002 08:53 Empeg betas make me find non existant bugs
drakino
carpal tunnel

Ever since the 2.0 betas have come out, I have watched for bugs to be able to help out in getting the 2.0 final release as stable as possible.

So, this morning, I start my car, and listen to a song from Chrono Cross start playing. And I sat there trying to figure out why that was playing instead of Personal Jesus from Depeche Mode. I saved the playlist as bookmark 2, restored bookmark 1 and skipped ahead. Personal Jesus was still there where it was (about 5 songs ahead of bookmark 1, I use #1 for my entire player shuffle and restore to it after listening to something specific). Finally, some of the songs after Personal Jesus made me remember that I had made a midnight run to Wendy's for a quick bite to eat before going to bed.

It took me a few minutes though, because I have been trying to remember the last played song for possible bugs like this, and had just happened to remember the time before last.

#90808 - 28/04/2002 22:18 Re: Empeg betas make me find non existant bugs [Re: drakino]
mavantix
new poster

I must say, I've done several similar type things before, but being a developer myself, I have to be able to reproduce it before it's really a bug... I haven't really found any major things in 2.x betas, but, I'm not an advanced user by any means.. I just select a playlist (CD) and drive to work... then rinse, repeat... Oh well, I'm hoping I'll figure out why sometimes my empeg randomly looses enough CPU power to play songs without skipping and requiring a "reboot"... Uhhg...

Wendy's Late Night rocks

#90809 - 29/04/2002 00:54 Re: Empeg betas make me find non existant bugs [Re: mavantix]
justinlarsen
old hand

Loc: Petaluma, CA
24 hour toco bells are pretty nice as well.

#90810 - 29/04/2002 10:07 Re: Empeg betas make me find non existant bugs [Re: justinlarsen]
Anonymous
Unregistered

24 hour Whataburger's not too bad.