Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#91283 - 30/04/2002 10:56 store closing
SuperQ
addict

Loc: Berlin, DE
so it looks like that you can't order accessories from the sonicblue site, so US people will only have another month to order from the empeg.com site.

time to get my spare car mount and rio remote

#91284 - 30/04/2002 13:00 Re: store closing [Re: SuperQ]
Alexander

Loc: SF Bay Area
Just ordered a remote and color change kit. Debated on a spare sled, but I don't foresee myself having two cars in the semi-near future.

I'm sure I'll come to regret it, just as I now regret not picking up a second (or fortieth) unit...

This sucks. I hate it when there's a best-of-class product that gets EOLed and there's no better replacement on the horizon. Drives me batty. I hope something does eventually come of the Mk3.

Alex

#91285 - 30/04/2002 17:32 Re: store closing [Re: Alexander]
Daria
carpal tunnel

Loc: Providence, RI
In reply to:

Debated on a spare sled, but I don't foresee myself having two cars in the semi-near future.

Getting a second car isn't nearly so problematic as a second driver (who's used your empeg and wants one)

#91286 - 30/04/2002 23:06 Re: store closing [Re: Daria]
number6
old hand

Loc: In The Village or sometimes: A...
Yes, but didn't one of the empeg guys (Toby I think), mention/hint recently in a General thread that having Aux Input available would be useful in the future for a new application that may or may not be around?

[Cross-fading/mixing the Aux input with a track being played on the player is my bet, but what do I know about these things].

(for more info - and/or to make your own judgement - do a search for a thread named "Aux Info Mode" and read on, look for the comments from prolux (aka Toby)).

In which case the only - strike that - easiest way to get Aux-In to a empeg is via a sled, which indicates a home docking station is needed/useful - which requires a sled.

I have a docking station I built using a spare sled, and its rocks.

So I suggest any folks who are dithering on the sled department get one now before its too late.

Hmm, you may think that $600 for a 20GB unit is expensive and $400 for a tuner is OTT, well wait until the sleds are no more and everyone wants one for their empeg to use at home as well as in the car with the new killer appTM application/feature.

Edited by number6 (30/04/2002 23:15)

#91287 - 01/05/2002 10:31 Re: store closing [Re: Daria]
thenominous

Loc: UK
And not forgetting should your car get stolen when your empeg isnt in it, how do you mount it in your next car if you dont get the sled back?

#91288 - 01/05/2002 11:57 Re: store closing [Re: Daria]
Alexander

Loc: SF Bay Area
>Getting a second car isn't nearly so problematic as a second driver (who's used your empeg and wants one)

LOL. My second driver is fine with her iPod and cassette adapter. If she'd wanted an Empeg, we would have had a second one by now. Hm, something else to blame her for.

Alex

#91289 - 01/05/2002 14:36 Re: store closing [Re: Alexander]
Daria
carpal tunnel

Loc: Providence, RI
In reply to:

My second driver is fine with her iPod and cassette adapter.

I'm very demeaning of old technology, so I guess I have only myself to blame. Now, if only one of us had had time to get the second unit installed in the second vehicle, I'd be not nearly so bitter that the transmission in the first seems to be, um, sad.

Par for the course this year, I guess.