Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#93091 - 11/05/2002 17:09 Help Loading Songs/albums
DemonSeed
journeyman

Hi,
I am a newbie and I am wondering the easiest way to set my Rio Car up so that it would be like.

Metal
-Korn
-Life is Peachy
-songs.mp3
-Untouchables
-songs.mp3
Metallica
-EP album
-songs
-Black Album
-Unforgiven.mp3

ROCK
-ACDC
-Razors Edge
-songs
-Live
-tnt.mp3

You see the Idea..have a GENER then group then albums and songs...I am having troubles doing this..see i had a NEO JUKEBOX before and all i did was set up folders..this playlist thing in RIO CAR is just weird can someone explain how i can set up that structure and be able to play shuffle through ALL the cds????? Please help or give advice

thanks
JIM

#93092 - 11/05/2002 17:29 Re: Help Loading Songs/albums [Re: DemonSeed]
DemonSeed
journeyman

Hi
Ok I got it working...I made a playlist called Metal, then a playlist called Metallica, then a playlist called Black Album inside..then pasted the songs I wanted in the black album it works.but is EXTREMELY time consuming! Is there another easier way to do this?

Also, Is there any way to fill in all the info on a cd like in its properties ie) Year, Gener, Band, Album etc...without doing each one at a time?

Thanks
Jim

#93093 - 11/05/2002 17:48 Re: Help Loading Songs/albums [Re: DemonSeed]
smu
old hand

Loc: Germany (Ruhrgebiet)
If you already have the folders set up, just drop the top level directory into emplode. If you have a Directory tree like this:
Rock

+- Beatles
| + White Album
| + X.mp3
| + Y.mp3
Pop
+- A
+ album
+ D.mp3
+ D.mp3
and drop the Genre directories into emplode, you will get a playlist hierarchy that looks exactly the same.

cu,
sven

Edit: Oh, before I forget to mention it: That is also mentioned in the docs.

#93094 - 11/05/2002 23:03 Re: Help Loading Songs/albums [Re: DemonSeed]
thinfourth2
Pooh-Bah

Loc: The land of the pale blue peop...
Get your tags set up properly first before you copy them across to the empeg.

But if you have every thing set up on your computer you can just drag and drop the songs across in thier folders

#93095 - 12/05/2002 18:16 Re: Help Loading Songs/albums [Re: thinfourth2]
lectric
pooh-bah

Loc: New Orleans, LA
Better yet use MP3 Tag Studio to move the files into the appropriate folders for you based on the id3 tags. Pretty easy.