Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#95152 - 21/05/2002 16:41 Any way to print album list and ID no's?
scoopz
new poster

Loc: UK, Chester
Now that I've got serveral hundred albums on my RioCar I'm beginning to lose track of whats on it. What I was thinking of doing was assinging the albums ID numbers and then printing an alphabetical/genre/artist/etc sorted list of album titles along with the relevant ID number. That way when somebody asks me what albums I've got on unit I can simply pass them the list and they can pick an album they want easily and just give me the 3 or 4 digit ID?
My RioCar is a complete image of My Music Folder on PC so thought It'd be easy to print list of all folders/sub folders but hey still not found best way apart from print screen. Also it'd be nice if emplode could automatically number albums as they are added and who knows, even print the list I'm after? Any ideas much appreciated.

Regards

Scoopz

#95153 - 21/05/2002 16:43 Re: Any way to print album list and ID no's? [Re: scoopz]
genixia
Carpal Tunnel

IIRC, Jemplode gives you the ability to be able to export data.

#95154 - 21/05/2002 16:50 Re: Any way to print album list and ID no's? [Re: genixia]
scoopz
new poster

Should've checked emplode really, it too can export to CSV, just had a go and given me one hell of an Excel file... time to see if I can tidy it up nicely.
So half way there i guess, be nice to have auto ID facility and simple print option though.

Scoopz

#95155 - 21/05/2002 17:54 Re: Any way to print album list and ID no's? [Re: scoopz]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
be nice to have auto ID facility and simple print option though.

Usually, people don't need printed lists of their collections on the empeg. Have you messed with the "Search" feature much? Takes just about as long to punch in an album or song title as it would to look it up on a paper list.

To each his own, though.

#95156 - 21/05/2002 18:15 Re: Any way to print album list and ID no's? [Re: tfabris]
matthew_k
pooh-bah

Loc: Berkeley, California
Well, as great as the empeg's software is, if you don't know the collection of music, exploring on the display is pretty dificult. Letting passengers look through a list might be easier. Building the printing functionality into (j)emplode might excessive, and not really what it's designed for.

What does seem common enough a request is an automatic pin number generator. The interesting thing would be a way to generate pin numbers that could be logical and not change with the adition of more music. Failing that, perhaps a way to select a number of songs/playlists and number them sequentially through a range.

Matthew

#95157 - 21/05/2002 19:44 Re: Any way to print album list and ID no's? [Re: tfabris]
scoopz
new poster

I'm a wizard with the search feature now and my friends are slowing getting to grips with it but it's only useful if you know what you are looking for or can remember what's on it. General browsing using either the playlist or search and then just clicking through one by one isn't too nice. I've managed to get a nice XLS spread sheet sorted with just album titles, all I've got to do now is plod through one by one and give them all an ID number :-(