Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#96342 - 29/05/2002 10:55 Stock deck to trigger mute line?
matthew_k
pooh-bah

Loc: Berkeley, California
I've had my empeg installed for a while, sitting on top of my dormant stock head unit which is supposed to be used for radio and CDs. Needless to say, hooking it up hasn't been a high prioity, but I've been thinking I should get around to it while I've got some time.

Yesterday it occured to me that I should be able to have hijack switch to aux in when the telephone line goes high or low, which seem the logical thing to do for the head unit, except that I don't know what line I could use from the stock deck to trigger the line. Any Ideas? The car has a built in antenna, so there isn't an antena trigger line... If worst comes to worst I'll switch manually, but what's the fun in that?

Matthew

#96343 - 29/05/2002 10:58 Re: Stock deck to trigger mute line? [Re: matthew_k]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
You could use the stock deck's Amp Remote wire if it has one. If it doesn't have one, there might not be anything you can use.

#96344 - 30/05/2002 14:37 Re: Stock deck to trigger mute line? [Re: matthew_k]
thenominous

Loc: UK
You could hook up a circuit to the line outputs on the headunit too, so that when a defined level of audio is present it will trigger the mute line.