Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#9915 - 26/06/2000 14:24 installation question
jstrain
enthusiast

Loc: philadelphia pa
i am pretty sure that this is possible, but i just want to double check.

i have a pioneer head unit with an RCA input adapter connected to the CD changer jack. right now i have my laptop with winamp playing through it. can i hook the empeg up to these inputs and play it through the pioneer without a seperate amp?

before all the audiophiles flame me, as rob and others have mentioned before, i am buying the empeg for the capacity, not for the sound quality. just want to make sure this works if i cannot afford an amp right away.

jeremy

oh, i wish i wish i had an empeg...

#9916 - 26/06/2000 14:51 Re: installation question [Re: jstrain]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
If you have your laptop working through those inputs now, then you can definitely get the Empeg working through those inputs.

And we wouldn't flame you. We'd just suggest better equipment.

#9917 - 26/06/2000 15:08 Re: installation question [Re: tfabris]
rob
carpal tunnel

Loc: Cambridge UK
I think it has been mentioned before that Steve, empeg Commercial Director, runs his car player into a Sony head unit and then onwards to the stock speakers in his Volvo. It does what he wants, sounds quite acceptable, and doesn't require that his car be hacked around.

Let's not be ICE snobs :-)

Rob

#9918 - 26/06/2000 15:27 Re: installation question [Re: rob]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Let's not be ICE snobs :-)

But what if we are already?

No, Rob's right. As much as we like to talk about frequency response and wattage, we have to accept that some people are perfectly happy with their factory car radios and have perfectly good reasons for keeping them. The Empeg makes a great add-on to a factory car stereo, provided you've got the room to mount it.

And, of course, after you've owned the Empeg for a while and you haven't listened to the radio or a real CD for months, you'll realize that you can ditch the factory radio altogether. :-)