Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#56571 - 08/01/2002 14:39 Success : Web controlled Empeg !!!!
richyrich
new poster

It may have taken a few hours of toying, but I've successfully managed to control my empeg via a web browser. One more step and I'll be able to do it from the old wap phone. For those of you who are interested, I'll put the source somewhere, but for the meanwhile, it goes something like this : emptool slightly hacked to include a "play" command. All this does is use the lookup functionallity and send a different command via the empconsole and playerdb classes. Obviously, we can't have emptool starting up all the time, so we rely on ... A small perl server which starts up emptool and then listens for appropriate commands. With emptool permanently running, it means these commands can come from ... A cgi script that does simple things like ls, cd or play. All I need to do now is add a WML enabled page and bingo, I'm home free. Empeg control from the luxury of your mobile phone (handy if you can't reach the remote control, I guess....) Rich.

#56572 - 08/01/2002 14:43 Re: Success : Web controlled Empeg !!!! [Re: richyrich]
mandiola
enthusiast

Loc: Miami, FL - Sioux Falls, SD
EESH... spending minutes on the web to change a song.. whatever happened to the remote?... hehehe sounds cool though. I do find it often that im sitting at my computer and i need to adjust the volume... or stop as song real quick if the phone rings.. so it would be nice to just have a button on my computer. I guess I could always just connect my computer to my sterio, but thats not as cool as using the empeg when I bring it in from the cold.... its becoming a small child.....

-Greg