Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#62695 - 24/01/2002 13:14 more availability
ashmoore
addict

Loc: TX
Just checked today on SonicBlue site, they have 20 and 30G unit available and showing "In Stock" again!!!
Just ordered another 20G for spare.

#62696 - 24/01/2002 13:28 Re: more availability [Re: ashmoore]
andym
carpal tunnel

Loc: Manchester UK
I've been following the BBS since I found out about the price drop (albeit too late!). It pisses me off a little that whilst people in the US can, until quite recently, get their hands on new units. We in Europe (and the rest of the world), on the other hand, have to either risk it on Ebay or find some well meaning soul in the US that can get us a unit and post it over.

If units were available in the UK I would quite happily buy from there. But even though there are units in the US it seems that we cannot get some sent to over here to the international shop.

I'm not having a go at anyone and would not want to start a 'flame war' over this. I'm just expressing my personal views, which I'm sure are shared by almost every prospective Empeg buyer outside the boundaries of the Sonic Blue US store.

There we go, rant over!

Andy M

--- One Mk2a flying over the atlantic at the mo! ---

Andy M

#62697 - 24/01/2002 13:33 Re: more availability [Re: andym]
ashmoore
addict

Loc: TX
Sorry Andy,
Didn't mean to piss you off !
I bought my first one on EBay anyway cos they where 'out of stock' at the time, some folk are doing reasonable prices on there and other are just ripoff merchants.
How is the 'shed' coning on if you are getting the Rio?

#62698 - 24/01/2002 13:39 Re: more availability [Re: ashmoore]
andym
carpal tunnel

Loc: Manchester UK
Sorry, no offence intended. I've been meaning to vent my anger for some time. I've wanted an Empeg for years and until recently, was a student. So being able to afford one was out of the question. I'm finally earning a decent wage and then couldn't find an empeg to buy!

Just hope the one I've just bought survives the trip over from the US.

As for the mp3shed, it's now on my desk encoding mp3s for the hopefully imminent arrival of the Rio. By the way I no longer own such a shitty car, I now own a slightly less shitty car!

Andy M

Edited by marria01 (24/01/2002 13:43)

Andy M

#62699 - 24/01/2002 15:09 Re: more availability [Re: andym]
rob
carpal tunnel

Loc: Cambridge UK
The point of the huge price drop was to sell out of all of the stock - which is exactly what we did at the International store (in the first few days).

Jeremy will be shipping internationally from carplayer.com - see his posts in the For Sale forum for details.

Rob