Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#64019 - 28/01/2002 19:26 question for the sonicblue order system survivors
srush
new poster

Loc: Minneapolis. MN
hello future fellow empeg owners (hopefully!),

i was hoping that someone that frequents these boards might be of assistance and be able to give some advice about a recent order i placed for a 60gb model...

i ordered the empeg from sonicblue.com on jan 22 - right after i read about it on underachievers.com (thanks loren!).

i've waited a week, and no sign of the order. the online
customer support status has the order listed as 'Has Products Pending Shipment' (since the 23rd).

today i called customer support to check the status and the gentleman i talked to informed me that i 'might not get my order, since the product is discontinued.'

through the duration of the conversation, he couldn't tell
me:

a. if i might get the player
b. what number i am on the queue to get one if one becomes available
c. when this might happen
d. if there was availability on any of the other models (30gb version, etc.) so i could order one instead of the 60gb
e. whether there was someone else i could contact who might know

basically, he told me there nothing i could do.

since ordering, i have purchased an amp and speakers, seeing as the player is listed as 'Has Products Pending Shipment' (silly me, but i was a bit excited about getting the rio car, and i took 'Has Products' to mean actually having product. heh!)

is there any way to actually check the status of an order? the only thing this gentleman said i could do was cancel my order. he offered no additional help.

i really don't want to cancel the order. i'm very excited to have the opportunity to join the satisfied empeg owner ranks. i'd just like an idea of whether or not i can expect to get the order.

any help / recommendation would be greatly appreciated.

thank you for your time,
scott

#64020 - 28/01/2002 19:32 Re: question for the sonicblue order system survivors [Re: srush]
mandiola
enthusiast

Loc: Miami, FL - Sioux Falls, SD
Hmm.. I really doubt there is really anyway your going to find out for sure or not untill you either get a tracking number or it arrives at your good. If all else fails you get get one from carplayer.com for around $100 more then the sonicblue store was selling them if you really want one.

-Greg

#64021 - 28/01/2002 20:04 Re: question for the sonicblue order system survivors [Re: mandiola]
jbauer
veteran

Loc: San Francisco, CA
I think they are moving warehouses and orders will again start shipping on January 30th...

- Jon

#64022 - 29/01/2002 02:06 Re: question for the sonicblue order system survivors [Re: srush]
loren
carpal tunnel

Loc: SLC, UT, USA
Heya Scott!

*sigh*

good ol' SonicBlue and their Mystery Ordering System (tm). A few people have reported recieving their confirmations and shipping emails AFTER they got their players... so keeping your fingers crossed is probably about the best you can do at this point.

We should start a poll on how many people "old school" empeg owners got to buy empegs after the price drop... I think i'm up to 5 or 6 by now (and i still don't have a fleece). =]

#64023 - 29/01/2002 02:58 Re: question for the sonicblue order system survivors [Re: loren]
justinlarsen
old hand

Loc: Petaluma, CA
well im a new school owner but been checking out the project since pre-mk1 stages, and sicne price drop i have bought 3, ya im that crazy about this thing. one for the father, and 2 for my cars. cant beat that with a stick

#64024 - 29/01/2002 10:38 Re: question for the sonicblue order system survivors [Re: jbauer]
srush
new poster

Loc: Minneapolis. MN
thanks jon,

had i been told that information, i probably would have been fine...