Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#67661 - 06/02/2002 02:32 RioCar not discontinued, just new market?
Memil

Loc: Sweden
I asked a Rio-retailer here in Sweden about RioCar if they could get one for me.
But the answer was "No" (as expected), but they also said that they only sell OEM to car-makers, so expect new cars with the RioCar pre-mounted.
Maybe THAT will make my choise easier next time for a car-change

/Fredrik - A couple of hours away from my Empeg Mark IIa

#67662 - 06/02/2002 12:45 Re: RioCar not discontinued, just new market? [Re: Memil]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
What they said was essentially correct, but you're oversimplifying it in your re-telling. This has all already been explained here on the BBS by the Cambridge team themselves. So far, the information they've released has been:

- They are not making any more Rio Cars units, period.

- Their next project for the car will be different from the Rio Car. It will use some of the same technologies, but it will not be the same product.

- Their next project for the car will be OEM, and will not be sold retail.

Don't let this stop you from buying a Rio Car now, though. It's still a great product and you should get one while you can. Details on the EOL are here, and places where you can buy a player are here.

#67663 - 07/02/2002 02:45 Re: RioCar not discontinued, just new market? [Re: tfabris]
Memil

Loc: Sweden
Ok, missed that EOL statment :/

Well, already ordered my Empeg last friday, and I'm goin to get it TODAY! So I'm sitting here on my edge waiting for UPS to phone me

/Fredrik