Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#68760 - 08/02/2002 16:57 Is Stereo Bleed essentially the HeadRoom effect?
eternalsun
Pooh-Bah

Loc: San Jose, CA
See: http://www.headphone.com/layout.php?topicID=36 and go through all the topics on the left. They describe a type of bleed that bleeds a little bit of left to right and right to left to accomplish an in-the-head soundstaging. Is this what the stereo bleed is doing? If so, I would like to be able to select Stereo Bleed on *all* songs. I almost exclusively listen to the empeg on headphones and would love to have this on all songs if it is the same thing. Of course, I would want it turned off when I'm in the car or playing on speakers.

Calvin

#68761 - 08/02/2002 17:06 Re: Is Stereo Bleed essentially the HeadRoom effect? [Re: eternalsun]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Yes, the idea of stereo bleed is to simulate the experience of speaker listening on headphones.

It does more than just bleed the channels, it also rolls off the frequency of the bled part of the signal, and delays it slightly to simulate the time the wave should have taken to reach the opposite ear.

The option to "do it for all songs" was discussed on the alpha team mailing list already. The consensus was that it should get implemented as a tri-state from the player's front panel (All on, tagged songs only, all off).

Hey, empeg guys, is there room in flash to store that tri-state separately for home and car?