Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#72949 - 18/02/2002 17:22 Playlist order doesn't seem to work on Rio Car
sidorg
new poster

Ok, here's my problem, which I can't seem to correct no matter what I do. For example, I put a CD (Michael W. Smith, Live the Life) in the playlist in the Emplode software. I've set it to sort by Title, or Tracknumber with the same results. The songs appear in the correct order in Emplode. The order is 'Playlist'->'Michael W. Smith'->'Live The Life'. Then I go to Playlists in the Rio Car unit, and then select 'Michael W. Smith', then select the 'Live the Life'. Now I can use the Forward or Backward button to horizontally scroll through the songs, which appear in the correct order. However, if I just hit the Menu button after selecting 'Live the Life', then the first song played is NOT the song that should be first. And hitting the INFO button to bring up the Now & Next display shows an incorrect order. Any thoughts on why this is happening, and how to fix it? It seems very strange that the playlist order looks correct, but when playing the entire CD, the order is suddely messed up. What is strange is that not all of my CD's are showing this behavior, just some.

Thanks for any help.

#72950 - 18/02/2002 17:24 Re: Playlist order doesn't seem to work on Rio Car [Re: sidorg]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
First, make sure Shuffle isn't turned on.

Then, have you looked at this FAQ entry?

#72951 - 18/02/2002 17:47 Re: Playlist order doesn't seem to work on Rio Car [Re: tfabris]
sidorg
new poster

Hmm..... well I don't remember turning on shuffle. When I went to the Shuffle menu, it looked like it was off. But I selected off again, and miraculously my playlist order is WORKING!!! Thanks for pointing me to a simple yet very important setting.

George

#72952 - 18/02/2002 17:51 Re: Playlist order doesn't seem to work on Rio Car [Re: sidorg]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Also, on the subject of the shuffle setting (assuming you're using 2.0 software), please see this FAQ entry.