Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#73241 - 19/02/2002 16:33 All loaded up and---No right rear? What the--?
jpjj
new poster

Loc: Washington, DC
I'm pretty bummed right now-- I spent a lot of time loading 5400 songs on my new 30 GB unit.
It plays fine through the RCA outs on the back when I have it hooked up to my shelf system but when I installed it in the car there was no output from the right rear. (It's hooked up to a 4 channel amp)

I thought it might be the sled but when I slid my buddy's empeg in -- all four speakers have output.

This might be a dumb question but does anybody know of any fixes for this? Is it possible I have something set wrong on the player or elsewhere? Or will I have to send it in?

And if I do have to send it in, do you think they can fix it or will I have to reload?

(BTW - My new system sounds AWESOME!! :-)

Thanks,
JP

#73242 - 19/02/2002 17:40 Re: All loaded up and---No right rear? What the--? [Re: jpjj]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Assuming that the Balance and Fader controls are set correctly, you have done the other proper diagnostic step by inserting another car player.

By inserting another car player, you have ruled out the wiring and the sled. Good job.

Check to make sure there's not a piece of crud on any of the tabs of the docking connector, and make sure your player is fully inserting into the sled.

Also, try pressing on the front of the player and see if you can make the speaker come in intermittently. If so, check this FAQ entry.

If pressing on the player doesn't make the dead speaker come in, it might be a loose wire inside the player or some other fault. Contact support and see what they want you to do.

#73243 - 19/02/2002 23:21 Re: All loaded up and---No right rear? What the--? [Re: tfabris]
jpjj
new poster

Loc: Washington, DC
Thanks Tony,
I messed with the Balance and fader controls a lot yesterday but still no go.

When you mentioned the piece of crud, I was really hoping to find a big piece of stryofoam of paper or something there but it looks good.

I think I've read most all of the FAQ pages. (NIce job on those by the way--probably the best FAQ of any product I've ever seen!;-)
I have the un-bent sled feature but I thought since it worked with one 20GB it should work with my 30GB. And all the other connections work.

Anyway, I'll check that tomorrow and if I don't get sound, then I'll give them an e-mail and/or call.

JP

#73244 - 19/02/2002 23:40 Re: All loaded up and---No right rear? What the--? [Re: jpjj]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Thanks for the compliment on the FAQ. I'm glad you like them. Hope your player issue gets sorted out.