Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#205973 - 20/02/2004 14:58 Plastic Faceplate
belezeebub
addict

I am going to try and make myself a colored translucent face plate to match the buttons I want, so I have a question.

Are the grooves, pits, valleys and voids on the BACK of the stock faceplate there for a reason ?? ie the clerance is needed to make it fit ?
______________________________________ Do not meddle in the affairs of Network Administrators, for they are subtle and quick to anger. ______________________________________ Worlds Lamest Wb Site (mine) http://home.comcast.net/~jlipchitz/

#205974 - 20/02/2004 15:01 Re: Plastic Faceplate [Re: belezeebub]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
They're there to make the plastic easier to mold and to use less plastic. The empty spaces could in theory be filled if you wanted them to be.

You need to make sure that the clear lens fits properly into the fascia, though. It doesn't lie on the back of it, it kind of notches into place. Careful examination of the original product will show you what I'm talking about.

#205975 - 20/02/2004 15:16 Re: Plastic Faceplate [Re: belezeebub]
lopan
old hand

Loc: Manassas VA
I did that once
check it out
But yeah, what Tony said you need the stuff on the back to hold your lens.

#205976 - 20/02/2004 15:31 Re: Plastic Faceplate [Re: tfabris]
wfaulk
carpal tunnel

Loc: Raleigh, NC US
Also, a groove at the top allows the unbent lip on the defective sleds to slide into the fascia. If you've got such a sled, take a look at it outside the car, if you can. If you filled that groove in, the defective sled would suddenly become much more so.