Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#216977 - 24/05/2004 19:39 Newbie needs help, after reading the FAQs
martinobrien
new poster

Loc: SW of Boston,MA
Hi all, after reading through LOTS of threads, I realized that I would have to risk getting flamed and ask for links to specific info on how best to get up and running w/ using my empeg. Like setting up playlists; how best to organize stuff on the unit; easiest way to use it in the car without swerving off the road; any handy tips that will make my life easier.

#216978 - 24/05/2004 19:43 Re: Newbie needs help, after reading the FAQs [Re: martinobrien]
toolman

Loc: Wellington NZ
I dont think you did read the FAQs; all those questions are answered on riocar.org !

#216979 - 24/05/2004 20:05 Re: Newbie needs help, after reading the FAQs [Re: martinobrien]
msaeger
carpal tunnel

Loc: Minnetonka, MN
Have you installed emplode on your pc ?

I would just install and play with it for a while. Making playlists in emplode isn't any harder than making directories in windows.

Matt

#216980 - 24/05/2004 23:33 Re: Newbie needs help, after reading the FAQs [Re: martinobrien]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
I realized that I would have to risk getting flamed
This isn't a flame, but I thought I'd link some specific entries in the FAQ for you. Actually, I don't think anyone ever gets flamed, they just get FAQ-linked.

Like setting up playlists;
How about How can I keep my PC and my car player in perfect synch?

how best to organize stuff on the unit
How about What is the best way to organize and listen to my music?

easiest way to use it in the car without swerving off the road
How about Do I have to use the remote, or can I do everything from the front panel? and What do all the buttons do?

any handy tips that will make my life easier.
How about How do the Tweak Order functions work?, How do I skip to the next album or the next playlist?, Why can't I figure out how to do searches on the player?, or even What are some other good tricks for using the player?

But since you just got the unit, perhaps the most important FAQ link is I just got my new player and I have many gigs of MP3s to install. Is there anything I need to keep in mind?

Give that stuff a shot. Come back when you've got more questions.

#216981 - 25/05/2004 08:23 Re: Newbie needs help, after reading the FAQs [Re: martinobrien]
jmwking
old hand

Loc: Washington, DC metro
...they just get FAQ-linked.
Just an FYI - this "Tony Fabris" person is really a "faq-bot", not a person, regardless of his human-looking avatar. His post count gives it away: "He" is responsible for something like 10% of all posts on this board. It's not humanly possible.

-jk

#216982 - 27/05/2004 03:19 Re: Newbie needs help, after reading the FAQs [Re: tfabris]
schofiel
carpal tunnel

Loc: Wareham, Dorset, UK
Is this possibly a new FAQ to be added to the list then, Tony?

"I'm a newbie, what do I need to know?" You could even post it as a link on the new posts page maybe?

I have to admit that this is actually a useful collection of links in one group which looks like an interesting "Starters pack" - I've even learned something myself
One of the few remaining Mk1 owners... #00015

#216983 - 27/05/2004 10:43 Re: Newbie needs help, after reading the FAQs [Re: schofiel]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Hmmm. Perhaps... I'll have to revisit it after Memorial day, I'm going to be gone all weekend.