Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#243552 - 07/12/2004 15:10 Can I do this? Move some FID's from Drive0 to Drive1?
bodybag
addict

Loc: Southern California
I'm just about to add some space to my Empeg's. Currently they each have 110gb of space (30gb + 80gb). The space is completely used up with only about 300mb free. I'm going to replace the 30gb drive in each of my players with an 80gb drive. To make things "even", I wanted to copy the content of the "old" 30gb drive to the "new" 80gb drive PLUS move some of the FID's from the existing 80gb drive to the "new" drive to free-up space. Can I do this? How? I have complete backups of all FID's on my PC and I have WsFTP setup to handle transfers. Is it just a matter of dragging some of the FID's from Drive1 back to Drive0?

#243553 - 07/12/2004 15:31 Re: Can I do this? Move some FID's from Drive0 to Drive1? [Re: bodybag]
peter
carpal tunnel

Loc: Cambridge, England
Quote:
Is it just a matter of dragging some of the FID's from Drive1 back to Drive0?

That would work, but there's no need to do it. The Empeg will just use whichever drive has more space for new transfers. There's no need to "make things even" unless you specifically want extra space on one of the drives for non-FID files.

Peter