Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#284104 - 06/07/2006 05:02 Sled connector pins
spider

One of the connector pins in my sled harness have been pushed back, and I am assuming that it is the left channel output as I occasionally lose audio on the left channel. I am just wondering how easy these are to fix before taking my dash apart. I tried to hook it with a tooth pick today without very much luck although it was 32^oC so I didn't really give it my all. If anyone has ran into this before or has an tips I am all ears.

thanks.

#284105 - 06/07/2006 15:01 Re: Sled connector pins [Re: spider]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
There is a video showing someone doing a repair of the connector here. Although the repair is for a different problem than the one you describe, based on that video, you should be able to get a fairly good idea of how to repair it.

From your description, it sounds like the keeper tab that holds the connector pin in place (the thing that, in the video, is being disengaged by a small piece of wire) has come undone. The repair might simply be removing the pin, bending up that keeper tab a bit, and re-inserting the pin.

By the way, you didn't say whether you had a Mk1 or a Mk2 player. The two players have different connector assemblies. If you have a Mk1, the repair will probably be a little different.

#284106 - 06/07/2006 16:26 Re: Sled connector pins [Re: tfabris]
spider

thanks for the link. that video is great. its a mkIIa (rio branded) player. one of those pins is half way in position so sometimes I have a left channel and sometimes I don't. I'll be pulling it apart sortly for a repair. I searched the board but forgot to search your website.

thanks again.