Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#285692 - 18/08/2006 21:58 Stolen... *&$#!
TedP

Loc: South Bay, CA: USA
Dammit... Looks like it's over.
My EMPEG got ripped off

The people who took it probably dont even know what they've got. They were nice enough to smoke cigs in my car whilst doing the deed, and then proceeded to extinguish them on my dashboard.

Anwyays, i've been deferring writing down the serial number (for 5 yrs now), so I'm kinda screwed. I'll be scouring ebay and craigslist for any EMPEG appearences. If anyone sees one come up in the LA area that is of dubious origin, please let me know.

Until then.. I guess it's finally time to put in that Carputer. I'm really going to miss the EMPEG -- it was ahead of its time when it came out, and still holds up today.

Cheers
-Ted

#285693 - 18/08/2006 22:38 Re: Stolen... *&$#! [Re: TedP]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
If you've still got the original box, I think the serial number is on there somewhere.

#285694 - 19/08/2006 14:36 Re: Stolen... *&$#! [Re: TedP]
FireFox31
pooh-bah

Loc: East Coast, USA
That's horrible. Sorry to hear that they destroyed your car like that and took your equipment.

Luckily, a new empeg can be had fairly cheap these days. Maybe insurance would help you recover it. If you need any supporting documentation regarding price, let us know. I'm sure someone here has pulled that together in the recent past.