Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#795 - 27/10/1999 19:20 Que spot for sale:10gb Blue
duranike
journeyman

I will sell my que spot to whoever has the highest price. It is in the low 5000, which means you will get it in sometime in November. Its a 10gb Blue.
Any bids please be e-mailed to me at [email protected] . Thanks
-Jordan

#796 - 28/10/1999 01:28 Re: Que spot for sale:10gb Blue [Re: duranike]
rob
carpal tunnel

Loc: Cambridge UK

I really don't feel that registration entries are a commodity that should be traded. The queue is a very fair system for ensuring that those who have been waiting for a long time get their player ahead of more recently registered clients.

Your registration entry in our database doesn't belong to you - we have allocated you a number but that number is not transferable. If you decide to "sell" your entry we certainly won't recognise that transfer. Therefore it would be necessary for YOU to purchase the player (we will need a means of payment in your name) and we will ship to your address. If you then resell that player I guess that's up to you.

Another issue that potential purchasers should bear in mind is that the November delivery date quoted isn't something that we have ever promised. If we run out of stock there will be no more players until January, at which time the entire backlog will be satisfied in a very short time.

Rob

#797 - 28/10/1999 05:38 Re: Que spot for sale:10gb Blue [Re: rob]
kim

Loc: Helsinki, Finland
Your registration entry in our database doesn't belong to you - we have allocated you a number but that number is not transferable. If you decide to "sell" your entry we certainly won't recognise that transfer. Therefore it would be necessary for YOU to purchase the player (we will need a means of payment in your name) and we will ship to your address. If you then resell that player I guess that's up to you.

How do you react on people that does not buy empeg directly but from auction instead?

Does the unit still keep warranty? What about support? Upgrades?

#798 - 28/10/1999 06:11 Re: Que spot for sale:10gb Blue [Re: duranike]
schofiel
carpal tunnel

Loc: Wareham, Dorset, UK
Curious how many people seem to have bought more than one unit, and are now speculating on them....

Quick buck, anyone?

Queue jumping, anyone?

One of the few remaining Mk1 owners... #00015

#799 - 28/10/1999 07:54 Re: Que spot for sale:10gb Blue [Re: kim]
rob
carpal tunnel

Loc: Cambridge UK

Although we are keen to discourage a "black market" in second hand players reselling in excess of RRP, we don't want to do so at the cost of good customer service. We feel that it is important for e-commerce clients to feel secure in their purchase, and one important factor is the knowledge that they can resell their player if they later decide that they wish to do so.

Therefore we will honour warranty terms (from the original purchase date) for the new owner.

Rob

#800 - 28/10/1999 20:21 Re: Que spot for sale:10gb Blue [Re: rob]
BasicGuy
stranger

Well I'm glad to hear that you will honor the warrenty on the machines that
are sold on ebay because If I win the Bid on the 10 gig drive It makes me
feel a little more secure about the purchase.

Thanks,

Brad

#801 - 29/10/1999 00:23 Re: Que spot for sale:10gb Blue [Re: BasicGuy]
Mark Petersen
journeyman

Loc: Denmark, Kbh Ø
Well the one-year warranty, by the way guarantied by law “in England” won’t be affected by reselling it, not even out of the country, well as long as you aren’t a distributor.
I think!

Mark
emaks rouls #10677

#802 - 29/10/1999 09:44 Re: Que spot for sale:10gb Blue [Re: Mark Petersen]
dmoore
journeyman

Loc: Houston, Tx, Usa
The warranty period is 6 months and not 1 year as stated.

#803 - 30/10/1999 04:59 Re: Que spot for sale:10gb Blue [Re: dmoore]
Geoff
enthusiast

Loc: Northern Ireland
I'm pretty sure my warranty leaflet says '12 Month Limited Warranty', but I can't check right now because it's in the box with the guys who are fitting it to my car :)

I think the minimum warranty period in the UK is 12 months isn't it?

Geoff
---- -------
Reg No. 554, s/n 00064 - It's mine I tell you.... all mine :)
Mk2 Red - was 12GB, now 60GB