Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#1038 - 20/12/1999 22:01 Feedback wanted: Possible sale of 20GB Blue unit
tlilley
new poster

Loc: Blacksburg, VA
I'm considering selling my 20GB Blue unit (SN 0141, if I remember correctly). Judging from Toby Fabris' post in response to his purchase of a 4GB unit on eBay, I'm wondering if there's still enough buyer interest to bother, or if folks are waiting for the new model? The unit (with an extra mounting kit) was right around $2050, and I'd be hoping to get something close to that (within 10%).

Reason for selling if I do is strictly financial. The cash would look better paying off my debts than sitting on my desk (I use it for tunes at work primarily). Unit is is fine shape, and runs like an empeg should :-) If money weren't the issue, I'd not be making this post :-(

Thanks for any feedback...

S/N 0141 Blue 20GB

#1039 - 21/12/1999 05:39 Re: Feedback wanted: Possible sale of 20GB Blue unit [Re: tlilley]
Mark Petersen
journeyman

Loc: Denmark, Kbh Ø
I might have a byer, but he is on vacation at the moment. He will be back in the new year.

Mark
wait for mk III with a USB Host/slave
(USB->Ethernet)(USB->COM 1-8)(USB->You name it)

#1040 - 21/12/1999 12:35 Re: Feedback wanted: Possible sale of 20GB Blue unit [Re: tlilley]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Hey, that's TONY Fabris. :-)

I just got Doug Puchalski's unit #144 unit in the mail, by the way. I'm a happy camper.

Poor Doug. He was expecting it to go for much higher. I expected to get outbid. The last one I say on Ebay went for about $1500.00 as I recall.

I'm not sure why no one else bid on it besides me. I think that it might have been a combination of several things, primarily the Christmas season and the announcements of the Mark2's coming in March.

But, if you're going to be selling it on Ebay, I suggest that you do it soon. The closer you get to March, the less folks are going to want it. Note that Ebay has a special kind of auction that allows you to set a "secret" minimum sell price. So if, for example, you won't sell it for less than two grand, then you can stick that in there, and if no one bids that high, then you don't have to sell it.

#1041 - 21/12/1999 20:29 Re: Feedback wanted: Possible sale of 20GB Blue unit [Re: tfabris]
tlilley
new poster

Loc: Blacksburg, VA
Doh! Sorry about that TONY :-) I think I got the 'b' in Fabris stuck in my fingers somehow. Damned prefetching fingers!

Anyway, based on lots of pondering, I've decided to go ahead and sell my unit. It will go up sometime tomorrow, after eBay approve my card.

Thanks for your feedback!

S/N 0141 Blue 20GB