Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#8117 - 18/05/2000 02:22 How much time to confirm the order ?
teemcbee
addict

How long do you have time to confirm the order when you are invited to place an order? e.g. when you're on vacation you can't send the order immediately...

Waiting hard for the shipping of the Mk II

#8118 - 18/05/2000 04:02 Re: How much time to confirm the order ? [Re: teemcbee]
rob
carpal tunnel

Loc: Cambridge UK
We don't reserve stock for anyone, so if you delay until the batch is sold out then you'll have to wait for the next batch. We expect that everything will settle down and we'll be meeting orders from stock within a few months.

Rob

#8119 - 21/05/2000 03:28 Re: How much time to confirm the order ? [Re: rob]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ok, here's another question.

My high-limit credit card is an American Express card, which you don't accept.

Thus, I'd need to either split the Empeg between two cards or send you a check.

If I place a check order, does my Empeg get reserved and shipped upon receipt of payment, or does it only get reserved when you actually get payment? (By which time the batch would be sold out, and my pre-registration will have been for naught.)

Alternatively, are you able to split the payment between two credit cards?

Thanks,

Alex

#8120 - 21/05/2000 07:57 Re: How much time to confirm the order ?
JeepBastard
enthusiast

Loc: Brooklyn
me too.. my main credit card is american expresss.... uh oh.

Empeg Kicks Ass
S/N 00203
<A HREF="http://www.iretro.com">http://www.iretro.com</A>

#8121 - 21/05/2000 10:55 Re: How much time to confirm the order ?
rob
carpal tunnel

It's true that we don't accept Amex. Sorry, but their retailer charges are absurdly high (in the UK anyway).

As soon as we accept your order stock will be allocated for you (or you'll be informed if there's a delay for any reason). We'll wait for the cheque to clear, but I would point out that this can sometimes take a LONG time on international payments. A better solution is an international money transfer, which usually goes through in a few days.

We don't mind splitting the payment across two cards if they are both in the same name (if not, we MAY have difficulty getting authorisation). You'd need to put a note to this effect on the order, though, as the ecommerce system doesn't do it automatically.

Rob

#8122 - 21/05/2000 18:02 Re: How much time to confirm the order ?
tanstaafl.
carpal tunnel

Loc: Ajijic, Mexico
Anon --

An easier way to do this would be to mail an advance payment to your credit card company so you were carrying a credit balance at the time the charge from empeg arrived. As long as the empeg charge didn't exceed the amount of your credit limit plus the credit balance you were already carrying, your charge would be accepted.

Not to be too "preachy" about this, but... if your financial position is such that you can't afford to send payment to your credit card company in advance (i.e., you actually need credit from your credit card company as opposed to using it as a convenient money-transfer service) then you really shouldn't be spending your money on expensive toys like empegs. (Sorry, Rob...)

tanstaafl.

"There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch"

#8123 - 23/05/2000 22:59 Re: How much time to confirm the order ? [Re: tanstaafl.]
Alexander

Loc: SF Bay Area
Ok, I'll probably split the payment between two cards then -- I'm not familiar/comfortable with international money transfers, and I'd like to avoid abnormally long check clearing times.

American Express does have higher-than-average fees, but they've been the only company willing to give me a reasonable credit line, so they're what I use mostly. (I have good, but limited, credit -- I do prefer to pay cash.)

tanstaafl, I've had problems with trying to use credit balances for large purchases in the past -- I've caused a sufficiently large credit balance to occur, and then tried to charge something over the credit limit, but under the credit balance + limit. It didn't work. I called the card company, and they said that any single charge over the limit would be declined, even if there was a sufficient credit balance on the account. I don't know if this was just this one issuer or a more widespread thing, but it didn't work in my case, and I haven't tried since.

Alex

#8124 - 25/05/2000 04:10 Re: How much time to confirm the order ? [Re: rob]
teemcbee
addict

Rob, when do you think you will start to contact registered persons for placing their order?

TeeMcBee

#8125 - 25/05/2000 10:57 Re: How much time to confirm the order ? [Re: teemcbee]
rob
carpal tunnel

Probably the week after next.

Rob

#8126 - 25/05/2000 23:20 Re: How much time to confirm the order ? [Re: rob]
teemcbee
addict

If I get the invitation to order and I don't reply to this email with my usual email address but with another one giving all the details you need - would you accept that as my order or does it have to come from my usual email-address?

I'm a bit worried about that cause I want to reply to your invitation immediately after receiving it and I'm on a training in this week you said you want to send it out.

I really want to spend my money on the Mk2 as soon as I can!

TeeMcBee

#8127 - 26/05/2000 00:57 Re: How much time to confirm the order ? [Re: teemcbee]
rob
carpal tunnel

We won't accept any orders by email, unless there are exceptional circumstances and you're really not concerned about the security of your credit card details.

Our new web site has a shopping basket ecommerce system, which will guide you through ordering a player and accessories.

Rob