Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#10330 - 30/06/2000 01:54 Registration question
Bruno
new poster

Loc: Berks., UK
Does it make a difference what size disk I said I would want when I re-registered? And if so, how do you change the preferred disk size?

I re-registered as quickly as I could, which was before I saw the finalized price-list. I think I said I would take a 6Gb model, thinking that the other options would be too expensive, but having seen the price list, I'd like to go for an 18Gb model. I think the re-registration process said that this was only an indication, but I haven't seen an explanation of how you specify the actual disk size when your turn comes up.

Wouldn't it be an idea to allow changes to the preferred size to be made in some way? Because, if many people are in the same situation, Empeg may have a completely spurious idea of how many disks of which capacity to order.

I'm probably worrying pointlessly, but is it safe to relax about this?

Cheers,

Bruno
[email protected]

Bruno
[email protected]

#10331 - 30/06/2000 02:01 Re: Registration question [Re: Bruno]
teemcbee
addict

As Rob told somewhere: Let it be the problem of the guys@empeg to have those disks the customers want.
I already wondered about that, too. Don't really have an idea how this works - especially cause the Mk2's are already packaged and ready to ship when coming out of the production street.

I think it doesn't really count what you say on your registration. It maybe is just something like a counter for the guys@empeg to have an idea of what will be ordered.
The order is the thing that counts, not the registration.

TeeMcBee

#10332 - 30/06/2000 05:34 Re: Registration question [Re: Bruno]
Dignan
carpal tunnel

Loc: Sterling, VA
I believe that they are basing part of the number of each disk sizes on what we choose in our registrations. When your turn comes up and you ask for a particular size, you'll be shipped a unit that's been made before you were invited to order, so it's not like they making it specifically for you.

If they don't have that particular size at the time for ordering, and you're set on getting that, you'll probably be stuck waiting for the next batch. But if you're that far back to begin with, there probably aren't many units left in that batch anyway.

empeg guys, if the disk size we want isn't there at ordering time, will we get a chance to pick another size? The only reason I ask is because I plan to be at the end of the second batch, and there better be some 12 gigers left

DiGNAN

#10333 - 30/06/2000 06:10 Re: Registration question [Re: teemcbee]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Having added a second hard disk myself, I have to say that you should take whatever capacity you can get your hands on. Worry about upgrading the disk later, it's easy.