Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#9840 - 26/06/2000 04:45 empeg background images
sparkyb
new poster

Loc: Boston/Pittsburgh, USA
Does anyone have or know of good empeg background images or a theme of some kind? While I can't have one, I think it would be neat to make my computer look like one. Anyone working on a winamp skin?

#9841 - 26/06/2000 08:30 Re: empeg background images [Re: sparkyb]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Anyone working on a winamp skin?

Sweet idea! Who's up to it? They could ask rob for another copy of those hi-rez pre-renders of the MK2 faceplate as working material.

#9842 - 26/06/2000 09:13 Re: empeg background images [Re: tfabris]
sparkyb
new poster

Well, I am cursed with a lot of free time and have been doing a lot of random tasks for various people (including adding functionality to a program written by someone I dont know that I dont use for someone I dont know) so maybe I'm up to this one. Provided someone directs me to some good source material.

In reply to:

Anyone working on a winamp skin?

Sweet idea! Who's up to it? They could ask rob for another copy of those hi-rez pre-renders of the MK2 faceplate as working material.

#9843 - 26/06/2000 15:46 Re: empeg background images [Re: sparkyb]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Maybe I'm up to this one. Provided someone directs me to some good source material.

How about these renderings which are still online?

#9844 - 27/06/2000 08:05 Re: empeg background images [Re: tfabris]
sparkyb
new poster

That CAD redering will be good to make the face. I don't have and empeg however so even though it would be trivial to draw a volume control, etc. that looks like it does on the empeg, I dont know what that looks like? does any one have pictures of their empeg on their website? doesn't have to be good pictures, just something I can look at. (I actually know what the volume looks like, but balance, time bar, etc?) I may be ok without more pics. I'll give it a try.

#9845 - 27/06/2000 09:03 Re: empeg background images [Re: sparkyb]
rob
carpal tunnel

Loc: Cambridge UK
Download the User Guide from the support section of our web site. It'll show you everything you want to know.

Rob

#9846 - 30/06/2000 08:18 Re: empeg background images [Re: sparkyb]
sparkyb
new poster

I'm working on a Mk2 skin but it doesn't look like it will happen. I used the buttons from the remote as buttons, but it is sort of weird with them sitting on the front of the unit. They look good though, and so does the volume,balance text, etc.

The big problem is the area that needs to be "screen" in winamp is much larger than it is on the Mk2. I tried streching the screen, but I got it as big as I think possible and it is still a little tight, it has lost its signature shape, and I had to remove the rotary control and buttons because there was no room for them where they were and they didn't translate well to any of the winamp controls. I mean I supose that if I squared out the screen a little more everything would fit. but without that shape, and without the controls, it wouldn't be much like an empeg, just some decent skin. If anyone still wants to see this or want my files to try to fix it, or if you have some idea how I can proceed let me know.

#9847 - 30/06/2000 09:46 Re: empeg background images [Re: sparkyb]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Do recent versions of WinAmp allow you to reposition the size and shape of the controls/display, and if so, do you have an editor program that will do this easily? If that's the case, I might like to take a stab at it.

#9848 - 01/07/2000 04:52 Re: empeg background images [Re: tfabris]
PaulWay
addict

Loc: Canberra, Australia
Wasn't there something called "a0" from the WinAmp team that was more customiseable?

Save the whales. Feed the hungry. Free the mallocs.

#9849 - 02/07/2000 08:41 Re: empeg background images [Re: tfabris]
sparkyb
new poster

No, winamp does not let you do this otherwise I would. I believe that kjoelff or an mp3 player by a name something like that does but I dont use that so I dont really feel motivated to do that.

#9850 - 02/07/2000 15:15 Re: empeg background images [Re: sparkyb]
schofiel
carpal tunnel

Loc: Wareham, Dorset, UK
"K-Jofel"

Kyo-fel. It is a pretty decent MP3 player, with just about every aspect of the UI being customiseable. It would be a better candidate to produce an empeg skin for than WinAmp, to be honest.

One of the few remaining Mk1 owners... #00015

Edited by schofiel on 2/7/00 11:15 PM.

One of the few remaining Mk1 owners... #00015

#9851 - 02/07/2000 20:57 Re: empeg background images [Re: schofiel]
drakino
carpal tunnel

Sonique is also another player that it's UI is very customizable. I'd offer to help, except anything dealing with art like that tends to be outside my grasp.

#9852 - 03/07/2000 12:54 Re: empeg background images [Re: drakino]
trevorp

Loc: Ft Lauderdale, FL
Another one is VB-Amp. It can be found at http://www.ryerson.ca/~sgray It is written in VB, and you can get the source and play with it.

Some of the nice features are:
Complete skinning ability (you can locate buttons anywhere you want),
Transparent skin (rounded corners, holes through the skin, etc.),
A visual playlist selector (gives you 4x4 thumbnails of album covers/playlist pictures)
Plays any format Windows Media Player does (uses this as an engine), including mpg, etc.

Lots of other features, and it's pretty stable. Of course, being a VB programmer, I am biased because I can make of it what I want.

I used this program for my homemade in-car mp3 player, but never managed to get a screen in the car to view it with. I figured it'd be cool to flick through album covers until I got to the one I wanted, and then to invoke geiss as a visualization. Then I realized that the hospital would be a boring place to stay after paying more attention to geiss than the road, so it never happened.

-Trevor

-----
Mk 2, Green 12GB, Tuner, 2.0b11, 080000349