Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#12372 - 01/08/2000 00:18 Damn these guys are good!
mcomb
pooh-bah

Loc: San Carlos, CA
OK, first of all I need to apologize for any grief I may have given Rob, Hugo, et all regarding emptool source. It is out and it looks good. OK, so I have not actually looked at any of the source yet, but it is out. And...

It compiles cleanly (OK, a few warnings) with gcc 2.95.2 on LinuxPPC!

Of course, I don't have an empeg to test, but it runs and tries to find an empeg on the local network!

OK, I did the linuxPPC port, who had the OSX and MacOS9 ones? ;-)

Seriously, if anyone wants to see if this actually works with an empeg send me an email (mcombatmac.com).

-Mike

p.s. Is someone at empeg using a mac? That was too easy.

#12373 - 01/08/2000 00:57 Re: Damn these guys are good! [Re: mcomb]
Mark Petersen
journeyman

Loc: Denmark, Kbh Ø
Or just get one to put his empeg on the internet and you cut try it with his IPaddress

Mark
wait for mk III with a USB Host/slave
(USB->GPS)(USB->Bluetooth)(USB->You name it)

#12374 - 01/08/2000 02:43 Re: Damn these guys are good! [Re: mcomb]
rob
carpal tunnel

Loc: Cambridge UK
> OK, first of all I need to apologize for any grief I may have given Rob,
> Hugo, et all regarding emptool source.

That's OK. In the last "debate" I really wanted to say that the source release was scheduled within a couple of weeks, but I didn't incase we were late.

> p.s. Is someone at empeg using a mac? That was too easy.

There is a Power Mac here, but it's running Mac OS and just serves web pages for one of our support staff. As far as I'm aware emptool has never been compiled under PPC Linux - but that's the beauty of Linux!

So who's going to start work on the Mac OS version? :-)

Rob

#12375 - 01/08/2000 03:20 Re: Damn these guys are good! [Re: mcomb]
mac
addict

Loc: Cambridge, UK
p.s. Is someone at empeg using a mac? That was too easy.

No, but the important part of the code is portable between Windows, ARM Linux and x86 Linux. The only gotcha I'm aware of on LinuxPPC is also there on ARM (char being unsigned) so I'm not actually too surprised that it works.

--
Mike Crowe
I may not be speaking on behalf of empeg above :-)

#12376 - 01/08/2000 20:00 Re: Damn these guys are good! [Re: rob]
mcomb
pooh-bah

Loc: San Carlos, CA
>There is a Power Mac here, but it's running Mac OS and just serves web pages for one of our support staff.

Yeah, I saw that on the Geek site. BTW, what is up with the BeBox? I think you should add a little info on what each of those machines does if you are going to put their pictures up. Funny, most companies don't have more servers than employees (particularly when their main website is hosted elsewhere).

>So who's going to start work on the Mac OS version? :-)

I think that is going to have to go to someone else since I don't really run macos on a regular basis anymore and my last version of CodeWarrior is way outadate. I will be doing my best to make sure that linuxPPC and MacOS X (Client and Server) versions are available.

-Mike