Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#17263 - 09/09/2000 12:03 quick ?
HighWayDrifter
journeyman

Loc: CALI
i currently drive a lowered hodna civic. My concern is will the empeg be able to take the rigours of my driving.. yes i am that annoying person cruisingby you on teh freeways at 120mph. My main concern is that my suspension is extremly stiff.. kidney losening stiff. i can adjust my shocks to be a little softer (damn i love konis) but i would rather not, hell it doesnt make that big of a diffrence anyways. The jolts taht it would receive or not so much long lasting and repeatitive but more of sudden somewhat harsh.. just want to hear soem peoples thoughts or actual situations that may have occured

Im as confused as a babby in a topless bar...

#17264 - 09/09/2000 15:07 Re: quick ? [Re: HighWayDrifter]
rob
carpal tunnel

Loc: Cambridge UK
There's a fairly long FAQ entry for this on our web site. It's probably the most asked technical question.

Brief answer is don't worry, the player is designed with this in mind. The founder of our company drives a lowered Miata BBR Turbo and his empeg has never skipped a beat.

Rob

#17265 - 09/09/2000 15:43 Re: quick ? [Re: rob]
HighWayDrifter
journeyman

Loc: CALI
i took a breif (prob to brief) gander at the FAQ section of the mb didnt see anything there heeh still feel like a jack ass.. thanx for answering me thought mano.

Im as confused as a babby in a topless bar...

#17266 - 09/09/2000 20:34 Re: quick ? [Re: HighWayDrifter]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
i took a breif (prob to brief) gander at the FAQ section of the mb didnt see anything there

I think Rob was referring to the FAQ at the main Empeg web site, not the one on this BBS.

However, there is a thread in the BBS faq that relates (a little bit) to this question as well, under "Installation Mounting Angle", so that's probably why you didn't see it because the name wasn't about shock protection.

#17267 - 09/09/2000 20:58 Re: quick ? [Re: HighWayDrifter]
tanstaafl.
carpal tunnel

Loc: Ajijic, Mexico
My concern is will the empeg be able to take the rigours of my driving.

Quick answer: the empeg can take more abuse than you or your car can!

tanstaafl.

"There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch"

#17268 - 11/09/2000 15:47 Re: quick ? [Re: HighWayDrifter]
loren
carpal tunnel

Loc: SLC, UT, USA
Sounds like we have the same setup. My Civic rides hard too, i had an anti-skip brand spankin' new Sony head unit CD Player that skipped like mad... I haven't had any trouble with the Empeg whatsoever. Jam into one of the millions of potholes around san francisco and it keeps right on playin'. Beautiful.

||| loren.cox
||| 12GB blue