Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#19375 - 03/10/2000 08:25 append a playlist - easy
pupvogel
journeyman

Loc: Hamburg, Germany
It would be nice if it was possible to append playlists to the current one, so why not just differentiate between a short click (meaning select and play NOW) and a long click (meaning select for append). Wouldn't that be a nice solution ? It should be easy to implement... same thing as for the 'switch-between-visual-and-info'-function - which isn't needed while scrolling through the playlists anyway.

#19376 - 03/10/2000 08:29 Re: append a playlist - easy [Re: pupvogel]
tonyc
carpal tunnel

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA
I agree that append a playlist is a key lacking feature, but I *think* it's targetted for the near future, so don't fret. I don't know about the hold-a-button solution though, because I don't think "short click" or "long click" means anything on the remote, so this would only work with the front panel buttons. If I'm wrong on this, someone correct me. I think the way to go is to use the CD-MD-CH button, which is used to change between select/append in search mode. Just extend that functionality to the playlist menu. Currently it just switches info modes like it does when no menu is selected.

BTW this would receive more attention in the Wish List forum.

-Tony
MkII 080000554

#19377 - 03/10/2000 08:47 Re: append a playlist - easy [Re: tonyc]
pupvogel
journeyman

Loc: Hamburg, Germany
It's true, using the remote there surely is a solution coming up to append a playlist.
But still you wouldn't be able to append anything without your remote.
I think this function really makes sense, especially for beginners like me that still didn't memorize what the buttons on the remote do.

Wish List forum, er, ok, sorry. Next time.