Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#27961 - 09/03/2001 14:58 Ogg Vorbis (New Beta)
greggerm
journeyman

Loc: Rhode Island
Hey all - I've searched for and read the earlier threads regarding Ogg Vorbis and its potential to be an empeg supported format, so I won't ask the question "will it/can it/why isn't it supported (et al)"

I would like to mention that they released a new beta (beta 4)at the end of February... and it sounds gooood. Considering it has a better quality in a smaller size (and its licencing is open!) I think it would be a great fit on an empeg someday!

I just wanted to pop the format into your heads in case you wanted to go take a test listen/encode...

Ogg Vorbis - they have sample songs/sounds too.

---- - --- - --- - -- -- - - - - - -
greggerm 09000991

#27962 - 12/03/2001 04:55 Re: Ogg Vorbis (New Beta) [Re: greggerm]
CHiP
enthusiast

Loc: New Jersey, USA
I just downloaded the beta, and i tried encoding some .wav files i had on my desk top, and let me say, this sounds good. Initially, it sounds very similar to mp3... I'll do some more listening this week, but it would be interesting to see what everyone else says about it. I want to say that it sounds better then mp3, but i dont want to jump to conclusions yet. I mean, it sounds great, but we'll see how much better it is at the same bit rate, or lower.

-CHiP