Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#44772 - 02/11/2001 15:32 quicky
thinfourth2
Pooh-Bah

Loc: The land of the pale blue peop...
I have left my serial cable somewhere far away what do i have to ask for when i go into the shop tomorrow to get another one is it a null modem cable or not

Thank you knowledgable people

#44773 - 02/11/2001 15:39 Re: quicky [Re: thinfourth2]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Simply ask for a nine-pin Null Modem cable or Null Serial cable.

Should be enough, assuming the people at the other end of the transaction are high enough up on the evolutionary ladder. Depends on the shop you're going into.

If it were my local Radio Shack, the mouth-breathers behind the counter would probably get that deer-in-headlights look and call their manager. That's assuming I can even get their attention, since they are ALWAYS busy signing up someone for cell-phone service (a process which for some reason takes 45 minutes, during which every other customer in the store stands around and waits for them to finish since they are the only clerk in the store).

"Radio Shack. You've got questions, we've got blank stares."

#44774 - 02/11/2001 16:09 Re: quicky [Re: tfabris]
SuperQ
addict

Loc: Berlin, DE
haha.. I get that more often at CompUSA than at radio shack.. must be a locality problem.. the guys I talk to at the shack know where [censored] is, then again, i'm usualy talking to bill, the guy who's been there for 10 years. ;)

I don't have any idea where my empeg console cable went.. I just use the HP switch console cable I keep in my laptop bag.. *shrug*