Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#44741 - 02/11/2001 11:49 It never rains
debauch
enthusiast

Loc: West Midlands, England
It had to happen eventually, but Jacqs and I were woken by a crash from downstairs at 0500 this morning. I looked out of the window and saw that both of our cars had mysteriously disappeared from the driveway.

Seems that the burglers had come in through a back window, half-inched the car and door keys, let themselves out front and taken the cars, leaving somebody in the house to take our VCR, DVD player, laptops etc.

Of course, my first priority was my Empeg (well, OK, my first priority was calling the police, then cancelling my mobile phone, then.... well, OK, the Empeg came a little way down the list). I'd taken it out of the car as I do every time I get out and left it on a table downstairs. It was, of course, gone.

I went to pick my car up this afternoon - seems that they couldn't cope with a LHD and dumped it. Jacqs' wasn't as lucky and is a touch-and-go insurance write-off. The Empeg had, unsurprisingly, gone.

It seems that house burglaries are on the up as more and more cars can only be stolen with the keys - more fool us, I suppose, for leaving the keys downstairs and visible.

So... On the good side, I get a new Mk2a when (I hope it's 'when', not 'if') the insurance pay up. On the bad side, I've lost a load of stuff.

Ho well, on with life. I won't mention the five other catastrophies which have struck us in the last fortnight.

To those of you I chat with (ir)regularly, please excuse my absence for the next few days.

Nicholas.

#44742 - 02/11/2001 11:55 Re: It never rains [Re: debauch]
loren
carpal tunnel

Loc: SLC, UT, USA
Oh man... you are handling that way better than i would. Best wishes in getting all your stuff replaced... but i guess it is just stuff after all. At least they didn't come after you and yours eh? Sheesh. Sorry to hear all that man. =\

#44743 - 02/11/2001 12:48 Re: It never rains [Re: debauch]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Sorry about the loss, I know what it feels like. As always, notify support of your player's serial number so that they might be able to help you recover it.

#44744 - 02/11/2001 13:46 Re: It never rains [Re: debauch]
muzza
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Brisbane, Queensland, Australi...
That really bites

#44745 - 03/11/2001 17:08 Re: It never rains [Re: debauch]
rob
carpal tunnel

Loc: Cambridge UK
Sorry to hear of your run of bad luck. Be sure to email your player serial numbers to [email protected] (or your purchase details if you don't know the serial numbers).

Rob