Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#51998 - 27/12/2001 02:31 Question about VR problems
jheathco
enthusiast

Loc: Mission Viejo, California
I heard that the problem that was ran into with implementing the VR had to do with things such as road noise, etc. I'm wondering, would it be that difficult to have a longer mic extension so you could mount the mic near the driver's head? I'd imagine if you made the mic's input less sensitive and it was fairly close to the driver, there wouldn't be too much noise to worry about?

#51999 - 27/12/2001 15:08 Re: Question about VR problems [Re: jheathco]
rob
carpal tunnel

Loc: Cambridge UK
No, VR hasn't run into any specific technical problems.

The positioning of the microphone certainly would be critical, though, ideally around the area of the drivers sun shield.

Rob

#52000 - 27/12/2001 15:25 Re: Question about VR problems [Re: rob]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
He's referring to my FAQ entry on the subject where I said that VR wasn't perfect yet.

If that FAQ entry is in error, let me know and I will correct it.

Something to note for Jheathco:

Your question makes it sound like you're thinking that the microphone is in the player in the dashboard. It's not, it uses an external connector. It's assumed that you would connect a microphone mounted close to the driver, just like you said. The best location for such a microphone is the sun visor. For instance, the Andrea Electronics microphone was given as an example.

#52001 - 27/12/2001 15:30 Re: Question about VR problems [Re: tfabris]
rob
carpal tunnel

Loc: Cambridge UK
VR isn't perfect yet. I think it will be several years before anyone can make that claim!

Rob