Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#58863 - 14/01/2002 17:33 Sonic Blue store: I got lucky
pgrzelak
carpal tunnel

Loc: New Jersey, USA
Greetings!

This was a rarity, given the Sonic Blue / Digital River store commentary, so I thought I should post it for novelty.

I have purchased a total of five empegs over my time. One direct from empeg Ltd., the rest from the store. I have had two instances where the price dropped within 30 days of purchase (once from $999->$699, once from $699-$199). I have also bought tuners (four), color panels (two sets), extra Rio remotes (three), etc. This was probably a total of six different orders from Sonic Blue.

Each of these orders were shipped. Correctly. The first time. On time.

The two discounts went well. The first one got delayed (it was one of the first discounts entered), but cleared quickly after SB accounting decided to refund the sales tax too. In both cases, I received the refund including the local sales tax (6%) that was paid.

I guess I am one of the lucky ones.

I am not trying to gloat. I know that a lot of people out there have had problems with the US eStore, and there have been a number of rather serious problems posted here. It is just nice to know they get it right... sometimes...

#58864 - 14/01/2002 17:51 Re: Sonic Blue store: I got lucky [Re: pgrzelak]
Neo_to_Rio
journeyman

Loc: Silicon Valley
I've also had generallly good experiences with the three orders and one <30 day price adjustment. Although it wasn't always easy placing orders and phone calls left me less than sure that things would happen properly, everything took place at least as well as expected.

#58865 - 14/01/2002 19:11 Re: Sonic Blue store: I got lucky [Re: pgrzelak]
Trekkie
new poster

I ordered from sonicblue US. Order came, all the parts, in great shape.