Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#62826 - 24/01/2002 18:20 I'm doing this only because I'm honest.....
The_Optimizer
journeyman

Loc: Texas
As I chronicled here before, I placed a (US) $1,300 RioCar order on the morning of December 23rd for 2 systems + 2 tuners + a bunch of accessories.....

And everything completely fell apart. I recieved confirmation and a FedEx tracking number for the package and my credit card was billed a couple days later. While everyone else who ordered recieved theirs, I never did. 3 Weeks and numerious phone calls later they finally determined that they screwed up and that nothing ever got sent out, and that most of the stuff I ordered was no longer available (read Tuners!) so there was no way to make it up.

So the order was cancelled, and I got a refund to my credit card. Not what I wantet, but that's life.

And... to illustrate how messed up things are... I just got a second $1,300 refund to my credit card from Sonic Blue.

And because It would be wrong to keep it, tempting as it might be (I could rationalize to myself for 'mental anguish inflicted' ;-), I'm going to call them up again and straighten it out and give the money back. Now if only they will get it right this time.... (rolls eyeballs)

(But I'd really rather have a tuner, even at full price.)

#62827 - 24/01/2002 18:28 Re: I'm doing this only because I'm honest..... [Re: The_Optimizer]
Yang
addict

Loc: Raleigh, NC
Sounds slightly familiar. When I ordered my empeg, I thought I would be at my parents place (not far away) so I had it shipped there. The next day I sent an email to them to change it to where I work. After having my empeg for about 4 days and having to go through FedEx to change the shipping address, I just recieved word from SonicBlue that they have changed my shipping address and gave me a 32 character tracking number for some shipping company that is most obviously, not FedEx. If I get annother empeg (which I doubt), I'll send it to you..