Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#63171 - 25/01/2002 13:26 who should I contact about my order?
nikko

A couple of weeks ago, I ordered a 60 GB player. This was right about the time they were out of stock. The customer rep I spoke with said my order would stay pending for 30 days and if they came back in stock, my order would ship. Well, the web site now says they are in stock again, and I want to make sure I don't get missed. Who should I contact/e-mail to make sure the order goes through?

In case it makes any difference, in the same order, I requested a tuner. I realize those may never restock, so I just don't want to miss out on the player itself because they won't ship it without the tuner or something.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Edited by nikko (25/01/2002 13:39)

#63172 - 25/01/2002 13:33 Re: who should I contact about my order? [Re: nikko]
Osama_Bin_Laden
new poster

Loc: Southern Tora Bora, last cave ...
Yes, yes. My associates have report seeing your player while hijacking FedEx truck. Your player among others are now with Allah. Allah choose what do with them, but in vision Allah tell me they get no virgins. Not good sign.

Edited by Osama_Bin_Laden (25/01/2002 13:34)

#63173 - 25/01/2002 13:36 Re: who should I contact about my order? [Re: Osama_Bin_Laden]
nikko

hmmmm....since I happen to be Muslim and you didn't answer my question, I would have to rate that as about the worst possible response you could have come up with.

#63174 - 25/01/2002 13:40 Re: who should I contact about my order? [Re: nikko]
Osama_Bin_Laden
new poster

Loc: Southern Tora Bora, last cave ...
Well, that case, I encourage you rise up and join fellow Muslims in empeg jihad. You must do islamic duties. If you choose not join empeg jihad, I encourage you blow up bacon factory.

#63175 - 25/01/2002 14:07 Re: who should I contact about my order? [Re: nikko]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Well, despite what the smart-ass with the turban has told you...

Unfortunately, you're going to have to deal with the online ordering people at Sonic|blue to get your problem resolved. There have been mixed results when people call Sonic|blue, some people report quick resolutions to their problems, others report nothing but busy signals, long hold times, and unhelpful phone reps.

My guess is that the order was cancelled because they couldn't supply the tuner module. One of the things that I've heard is that they sometimes cancel orders without telling the customer. I suggest you get on the phone to Sonic|blue right away and get it straightened out.

I think the contact information here is still valid.

#63176 - 25/01/2002 14:13 Re: who should I contact about my order? [Re: Osama_Bin_Laden]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Allah choose what do with them, but in vision Allah tell me they get no virgins. Not good sign.

Yeah, I'd heard about that. Too bad for your boys, eh?

#63177 - 25/01/2002 14:15 Re: who should I contact about my order? [Re: tfabris]
SE_Sport_Driver
carpal tunnel

Loc: Detroit, MI USA
That was one of the best articles they have writen! I remember waiting to see how they'd handle it. Not an easy task.

#63178 - 25/01/2002 14:18 Re: who should I contact about my order? [Re: tfabris]
davec
old hand

Loc: Georgetown, TX USA
My guess is that the order was cancelled because they couldn't supply the tuner module. One of the things that I've heard is that they sometimes cancel orders without telling the customer.

And sometimes they ship one of the three different items you ordered, don't tell you the other two are out of stock, and charge you for nothing!
IOW I got my mounting sled, but no tuner and no faceplate kit. Haven't been charged, yet.

#63179 - 26/01/2002 00:23 Re: who should I contact about my order? [Re: tfabris]
MisterBeefhead

Loc: Crete, Il USA
On a somewhat humorous side note, I printed out that very article when it was new and posted it on the bullitin board at my place of employment. (basically a machine shop / mechanic's shop). The employees in the department consisted of 12 or so burly male machine shop types.

I got fired.

I never could get the hang of political correctness.

#63180 - 26/01/2002 03:14 Re: who should I contact about my order? [Re: MisterBeefhead]
bonzi
pooh-bah

Loc: Croatia
I never could get the hang of political correctness.

No wonder. I think that nobody with common sense and a bit of humour can.

Remember how some people found displaying American flags at work potentially offensive to co-workers, while kicking passangers off the plane because they looked vaguely Arabic was OK?

What your ex-coworker morons found offensive? Was description of Hell innacurate?
Dragi "Bonzi" Raos Q#5196 MkII #080000376, 18GB green MkIIa #040103247, 60GB blue

#63181 - 26/01/2002 10:56 Re: who should I contact about my order? [Re: MisterBeefhead]
hybrid8
carpal tunnel

Loc: Toronto, CANADA
Ouch, sucks to be you. Of course, I'm sur ethe article was level above the comprehension of some of your coworkers - that more than likely didn't help. Not to mention some people would start reading it, having no vclue what TheOnion is, and stop after a couple of lines thinking it was serious. So then they'd think you were posting something pro-terrorism (or any other incorrect assumption) and the rest is history.

Sucks to work in a state where you can be fired for any (or no) reason.

Bruno