Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#100961 - 24/06/2002 01:32 Check Your Docking Connector
matthew_k
pooh-bah

Loc: Berkeley, California
I just had to open my dash up compleetly today to get my empeg out of the sled... It was stuck in there good enough so that I thought I would break the handle if I tried pulling on it any more. Sure enough, when i finally took the sled out and wedged the screw driver in the right place, the docking connector only had one screw in it. This was my backup that i'd only been using for two weeks and the other screw was loose, so it probably was loose to start out with.

Check and make sure that the screws themselves are tight, even though the connector moves... Otherwise be prepared to have to open your dash up to fix the problem...

Matthew

#100962 - 24/06/2002 06:53 Re: Check Your Docking Connector [Re: matthew_k]
tonyc
carpal tunnel

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA
Check and make sure that the screws themselves are tight, even though the connector moves... Otherwise be prepared to have to open your dash up to fix the problem...

Yeah, really.

Luckily I didn't have to go apeshit on my dashboard to get it out, but it is a bit unnerving when that happens. At least you had one screw left, mine had to be pulled out with only the solder joints and wires.