Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#113962 - 29/08/2002 18:44 Jemplode soup view creating question
msaeger
carpal tunnel

Loc: Minnetonka, MN
I am trying to make a view that just displays all the tracks. I select add tag layer => title. When it makes the playlist it places each track in it's own playlist instead of having all the tracks at the root level. Am I doing it wrong or is that the way it works ?

Thanks

Matt

#113963 - 29/08/2002 21:41 Re: Jemplode soup view creating question [Re: msaeger]
mschrag
pooh-bah

Loc: Richmond, VA
Basically "Tag Layer" specifes that for each unique value of the selected tag, you want a playlist, which means that for "title" you would have a playlist with the title as the name and all the songs with the same title would be put in it. Currently there's not a particularly nice way to get All -- however, I saw someone use a search soup where the search criteria was "refs" (meaning anything whose refs is not equal to "", which is everything). That will match playlists though, so what you probably want is "type=tune" as a search... I think that will show only the tunes.

#113964 - 29/08/2002 22:18 Re: Jemplode soup view creating question [Re: mschrag]
msaeger
carpal tunnel

Loc: Minnetonka, MN
I wanted to do this so I could move all the tracks into one folder and then delete all my playlists and just use the soup views to navigate on the player. I haven't used emplode for so long I forgot that I could just use it to do what I wanted.

So now I have all my tracks in one folder and have artists, albums, and genre soups.

Sorry I didn't get a chance to post I figured out a solution I just got it done.

Thanks again

Matt