Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#114384 - 03/09/2002 01:27 Random Album Shuffle
danthep
enthusiast

Loc: new zealand
OK, so for the last 3 years or so i've been primarily listening to my entire music collection on shuffle.

I've decided it would be nice to listen to whole albums again, trance songs just aren't the same when they abruptly abort into Bob Dylan.

But selecting an album all the time is a hastle, and i don't want to always listen to them in the order that are loaded on the empeg.

Is there a way to have a playlist with all my albums in it, that randomly shuffles the children (the album playlists) but plays the whole of the album playlist in order?

Kinda the opposite of the "always randomise contents" option.

#114385 - 03/09/2002 03:27 Re: Random Album Shuffle [Re: danthep]
tms13
old hand

Loc: Lochcarron and Edinburgh
In reply to:

Is there a way to have a playlist with all my albums in it, that randomly shuffles the children (the album playlists) but plays the whole of the album playlist in order?

Kinda the opposite of the "always randomise contents" option.

Unless I misunderstand what you're asking for, that's exactly what "always randomise contents" does. I have an "albums" playlist set up like this and I use it all the time. Set "always randomise contents" on the "albums" playlist and not on any of the albums themselves, and you'll get whole albums at random, but the tracks in each album are played in the programmed order. Alternatively, set "choose [1] child at random" and each time you select that playlist you'll get to hear one album (again, in the correct order, unless you turn shuffle on).

I also add a 10-second blank track to the end of each album (it's my most-referenced track!) that helps avoid incompatible albums running into each other.

#114386 - 03/09/2002 04:24 Re: Random Album Shuffle [Re: tms13]
danthep
enthusiast

Loc: new zealand
Ahh sweet, thanks, i kinda thought it might work like that after posting. Before hand i assumed that "randomise contents" meant randomise the whole heirarchy, not just randomise the items 1 level below.

I have found the best way to solve problems seems to be a post a question on the internet, as soon you post it the answer occurs to you