Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#118139 - 26/09/2002 21:36 Playlists and Ipods
alfaguy
new poster

Not sure if this is the right place for this question, so I apologize in advance if this upsets anyone ...

I've had my Empeg for close to a year, and have been completely spoiled by it. Ironically, it is installed in the one car that I use the least.

Wishing for an easy way to have something similar in other cars and at other times, I just bought an Ipod. Let me say that the Empeg and especially the software is second to none.

So far the only good thing(s) i can say about the Ipod besides its portability, is the speed at which you can upload tunes to it via the firewire interface.

My question is this: I have all my music stored in folders in the following format: Artist -> Album -> Songs.

A simple drag and drop in Emplode will create playlists using the same structure. Most other devices including the Ipod require playlist files if you want things to be organized exactly the same way.

Is there any easy way to automatically generate these playlists (M3U files)? I think it can be done using MMJ, but I hate that SW, and am looking for other alternatives and/or suggestions. (Cheap is good :-)

TIA, and I apologize again if this is not the 'right' place for this question.

Jeff

#118140 - 26/09/2002 21:40 Re: Playlists and Ipods [Re: alfaguy]
robricc
carpal tunnel

Loc: New Jersey, USA
The Ipod interface automatically allows you to access tracks this way. You do not need to use playlists.

#118141 - 27/09/2002 07:54 Re: Playlists and Ipods [Re: robricc]
wfaulk
carpal tunnel

Loc: Raleigh, NC US
Unless you've got albums with multiple artists. Then you'll have to create playlists especially for those albums, which, wonderfully, are in a different menu than the auto-generated playlists.