Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#133528 - 07/01/2003 16:07 changing faulty IDE cable
nikko

I'm getting the "No Hard Disk Found - Contact Support" error message. I suspect it may simply be that I have one of the faulty drive cables. I contacted David who was kind enough to have a replacement cable sent to me. The stern warnings that came with the instructions, however, have given me pause about doing it myself. Just wondering if people who've done it themselves found it to be tricky or not.

#133529 - 07/01/2003 16:09 Re: changing faulty IDE cable [Re: nikko]
Daria
carpal tunnel

Loc: Providence, RI
I found it easy, as long as you have the hex key and a philips screwdriver of the right size, and don't lose any parts I think almost anyone could do it.

Unless maybe you have large fingers.

#133530 - 07/01/2003 16:14 Re: changing faulty IDE cable [Re: nikko]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
The stern warnings that came with the instructions, however, have given me pause about doing it myself. Just wondering if people who've done it themselves found it to be tricky or not.

Make sure to read through this and look at the illustrations. It should give you a better idea of what's involved and give you an appropriate amount of either increased confidence or decreased confidence, depending on your skill level.

While the player is open, also check for the problem with the IDE header solder joints as described here.