Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#188825 - 10/11/2003 07:53 Who's Selling/Making Wiring Harnesses?
hybrid8
carpal tunnel

Loc: Toronto, CANADA
As some people know, my car was recently stolen. With it went the empeg's sled and wiring harness - but not the empeg itself! Of course all my speakers, CD-player and amplifiers went with the car too. Arrgh.

Now I need replacements. I'll get a black sled from RobR, but I'm not interested (no time) in building my own harness.

Does RobS still have original harnesses? If not, does anyone have anyone else have anything suitable for sale? Should be completely wired with RCA's for a quick connection to the new sled. Are the bolts to attach them a common size/thread?

Thanks for any help. Apart from all the money lost in equipment that insurance will not cover, there's also all the work I put into my previous install. That was a couple of months worth of work that I don't feel terribly excited to revisit with a new car. I also don't have the same type of free time on my hands. Oh well. I think I've decided to replace the Integra with a 1996 or 1997 BMW 328is though (and its own set of installation quirks).

Bruno

#188826 - 13/11/2003 04:27 Re: Who's Selling/Making Wiring Harnesses? [Re: hybrid8]
schofiel
carpal tunnel

Loc: Wareham, Dorset, UK
Bruno - I am really sorry to hear about the theft. As I am learning at the moment, things seem only to be bad on occasions. However, try and find your way through to the other side.

I have harnesses and sleds available. However, I won't be able to sell you anything until the new year. I'll be posting about this soon.
One of the few remaining Mk1 owners... #00015

#188827 - 13/11/2003 08:56 Re: Who's Selling/Making Wiring Harnesses? [Re: schofiel]
hybrid8
carpal tunnel

Loc: Toronto, CANADA
Thanks for the heads up. I have also just received a PM from another user that says he has a complete sled he can sell. In any case, I'm most concerned with a figure to put on my insurance claim right now and can wait a while before actually getting the parts.

Bruno